Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 12:50 PM

4 posts, read 7,183 times

Advertisements

My dad is moving from L.A. to Oak Ridge in a couple of weeks. He is wanting to rent a House (no apartments). Where is a good location for him to look for renting? Also, are there any good websites for renting homes in Oak Ridge? I've looked on the internet and found a few, but not a lot.

Thanks,
Brooke
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 01:13 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,391,151 times
Being from bama, will hurt bunches, as your in big orange country here. haha. just teasing. The Realty management group handles short term rentals, but most will want a 1 year agreement. We use Corporate Quarters, as they have short term, either furnished or not, and lots of choices. Several Oak Ridge workers, find living in Knox, especially west, is only about an easy 25 minute drive. Good luck.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:34 PM

16 posts, read 34,527 times
Can I ask, why you Dad is choosing to move to Oak Ridge from Los Angeles? Is he retiring or relocating for employment. Or is he just fed up with Los Angeles?

Old 06-15-2009, 11:05 PM

10 posts, read 27,014 times
Wow, big change, LA to Oak Ridge :P It really depends on what type of house he is looking for and how much he is wanting to spend. If you go towards the more popular houses in Oak Ridge, that were built in the 50's, he's looking anywhere from $450-$750 a month. Those are typically around 1,100 sq ft. You can sometimes get lucky and find one that has been remodeled and is really nice, but alot still look like they did in the 50's. I would suggest he visit our local papers website first...Home - Oak Ridge, TN - The Oak Ridger and look at the listings they have available.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:20 PM

4 posts, read 7,183 times
Thanks everybody. My dad is moving back home. He's originally from Alabama, but his company has an office in Oak Ridge, so he's able to transfer there. Pretty much, he did get fed up with the L.A. scene. The economy out there is terrible. He will be able to get more for his $$ here obviously. And he just wants to be near family at this stage in his life. He's looking for a pretty nice house between 1400-1800 sq. ft and no more than $1200 in rent. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Old 07-20-2009, 11:58 AM

28 posts, read 68,419 times
Default job in oakridg e

Bam,

My daughter lives in Oak Ridge and my son and I have been trying to move there. My son just got laid off his job in omaha after 13 yrs. I live with hime due to MS.
But, there does not seem to be jobs anywhere. What type of work does your dad do and if I may ask, are they hiring?

My son has a BS degree in Business. Any sugesstions are appreciated.
Kathytompkin@hotmail.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville