Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 09:15 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic_hombre View Post
If you're a real estate salesman, I'm sure anywhere but TN is a "humid hell-hole." And, I'm sure you haven't seen homeless people on your exit. Progressives tend to promote tolerance. For the lady who posed the question about leaving St. Pete for Knoxville, I suggest that you take hiknapster's views, which he is entitled to, with a grain of salt. For example, right now in St. Pete its a rather cool 59 degrees with 67% humidity. The moderate humidity level keeps your hands and lips from cracking. Knoxville, especially during the summer, has extremely humidity, near 100 degree heat, and many air quality alert days--I won't go into what this means for people with asthma and allergies. In addition, those gorgeous mountain escapes have become a traffic nightmare--even in Townsend. Well someone has made me focus on the negative, so I must say something positive about Knoxville. You won't find a nicer Spring time in Knoxville with the dogwood's, Bradford pears, etc. blooming.

LOL, complaining about Knoxville heat, humidity and traffic! And while in St Pete/Tampa of all places!

Old 12-31-2009, 09:21 AM

[quote=Scott LF;12182558]To: Mr Galactic Hombre,

Please excuse my E Tn ignorance, but, what is it you mean by "progressive" ?

Here's a few things I had noticed, upon living here vs south florida.

"Merry Christmas" is still alive and vibrant.

"Have a blessed day" is a very common departing comment, even after a brief conversation with a total stranger.

Folks around here support the, as in THEE only Football team, which is the Volunteers.
__________________________________________________ ____________

Here's the south florida version of all the above:

"Happy Holidays" ( as Merry Christmas has been out-lawed ) You're exaclty right. Some folks on the Orlando forum are raising heck about "Merry Christmas" and how they are offended. And no coincidence, it's the ultra-liberal lefties from the Northeast who are complaining. Me, I'm a native Floridian, say "Merry Christmas" drive a truck, own a gun, and love to fish, etc. Man o man I wish there were more natives Floridians is FL!

Commomn comments: "*********", "up yours," "I was here first"
and..... there are some I can not type here, for various reasons, up to and including they are googlymuck not resembling the English language. FL is now the tropical version of NJ, and everything that comes a long with it. Unfortunately.

The local football team was known as the Dolphins, spelled J-E-T-S Makes me wanna puke! I see more JETS, Giants and Eagles jackets/stickers/hats than my FL teams! Cant stand it!
__________________________________________________ ____________

I absolutely love living here, and yes, it's not for everyone, THANK GOD.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I think most of this boils down to common sense, there is no "paradise" or utopia. Places like Florida, California, and Hawaii tend to have this image that ppl truly believe, that it's some kind of heaven where everything is just wonderfull 24/7, and God help the person who speaks out against this fallacy. It has gotten so bad that now the term Florida "native" is become synonomous with racist. It's simply rediculous when anyone who dares to post anything negative is immediately flamed. No place is 100% good or bad and in the end, it's just each person's personal experience/ opinion.
hi lilred0005, you know me from the FL forums.

You're right. To all the transplants in FL, the term "native Floridian" means we are all "racist, white, and poor" people that would still be barefoot if it werent for them. How laughable.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:42 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,318,181 times
Sorry folks, time to close this thread...seems to be a whole lot of arguing back in forth about which state is best at this point. It really is ok for people to have differing opinions about a place, no reason to argue about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville