Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 11:56 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,349,620 times

Advertisements

The things I love/like about living in Knoxville, is the people. They are friendly, down to earth and polite. Whenever I go out and about, I never fail to meet interesting talkative people. Doors are held open for me and a trip to the grocery store is just like attending a family reunion. No, a trip to the grocery store is like meeting a huge group of new friends who accept me and are genuinely glad to chat with me about anything.
I like the fact that while I live in a city, it does not have a "city vibe", like say for example New York City. It is like living in a big overgrown town. I like the fact that there isn't good Sushi to be had as if this were some sea side city. Knoxville is unique and isn't pretentious and I like that blue collar and white collar blend and co-exist just fine with one another.It is a comfortable fit for me and I wouldn't change a thing as I love Knoxville just as it is.
I'm getting fed up with all the new transplants whining about what Knoxville doesn't have and I thought a thread should be started that celebrates the positives about Knoxville, Tn.
Another thing I love about Knoxville is the Vols and football season. My blood now bleeds Orange.
Where else can one get Red Velvet Cake like Litton's makes?
Add your comments about what you like.
Pam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 05:31 AM

4,704 posts, read 25,301,161 times
I like:
That bad traffic is so rare here, and not an every day occurrence. Well, actually, in Los Angeles, is was an ALL day occurrence.
That I can be almost anywhere in Knoxville in a half hour.
That no matter what event I attend, the crowds are not as bad as L.A., AND they behave better.
The people.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:26 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,349,620 times
Barking Spider- Excellent point about being anywhere in a half hour. I forgot that.
Pam

Old 03-17-2009, 06:34 AM

13,353 posts, read 39,963,688 times
Great thread, Pam!

Things I like about Knoxville:
  • Very friendly people
  • University of Tennessee sports
  • Great Smoky Mountains
  • Lake Loudoun
  • Channel 10 News
  • Friendly people
  • Courteous drivers
  • Litton's burgers and red velvet cake!
  • Beautiful old neighborhoods
  • Great people
  • Affordable housing
  • A nice downtown
  • House Mountain
  • Caring people
  • Harby's Pizza
  • Market Square
  • Grainger County tomatoes
  • The Heartland Series
  • Amazing people

Old 03-17-2009, 06:40 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,234,990 times
one of my favorite things about Knoxville when I lived there was Barley's, and the Old City in general. Also, when Greek Fest was held in World's Fair Park, and just being able to walk down there and play frisbee every now and then. Oh, and the Trolley!!! And being able to go to the mountains to escape relatively easily.

I met some of my dearest friends in Knoxville (although they weren't "from" there), so i still remember it fondly.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:48 AM

204 posts, read 580,692 times
I like the rolling hills, after living in Florida where all is so flat, I love the hills. I just like too many things to mention.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:09 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,572,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Great thread, Pam!

Things I like about Knoxville:
  • Very friendly people
  • University of Tennessee sports
  • Great Smoky Mountains
  • Lake Loudoun
  • Channel 10 News
  • Friendly people
  • Courteous drivers
  • Litton's burgers and red velvet cake!
  • Beautiful old neighborhoods
  • Great people
  • Affordable housing
  • A nice downtown
  • House Mountain
  • Caring people
  • Harby's Pizza
  • Market Square
  • Grainger County tomatoes
  • The Heartland Series
  • Amazing people
Good post JMT! All very true.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:40 AM

7,541 posts, read 17,235,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn405 View Post
I like the rolling hills, after living in Florida where all is so flat, I love the hills. I just like too many things to mention.
I just got back from FLA. I don't see how people live where it's so flat. It's so crazy boring! I actually go sort of stir crazy when I can see so much at once.

Give me the mountain.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:14 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,682,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
I just got back from FLA. I don't see how people live where it's so flat. It's so crazy boring! I actually go sort of stir crazy when I can see so much at once.

Give me the mountain.
Oh how I can relate to that statement/feeling!!

Old 03-17-2009, 06:06 PM

207 posts, read 643,192 times
I've always thought that Knoxville had a lot of good restaurants. I definitely miss Sunspot, Tomato Head, and many others. The park along Cherokee Boulevard was also a great place to jog!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville