U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 04:59 PM

2 posts, read 8,011 times

Advertisements

I'm 16, live in Sevier County, never been on a motorcycle, and want a motorcycle license. There are some questions I'd like to know first though.

First, does anyone know if Sevier County offers a MSF course?

Second, does anyone know if Sevier County DMV's offer bikes to learn on and take the test on and everything?

Third, What are the tests for the license? And what are the test like?

That's all I can think of. If you have any additional info that might be helpful, please let me know. Thanks advance, all info is appreciated.

Last edited by oddball7465; 09-04-2009 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: left something out
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 05:15 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,431,221 times
This might help.

Sevier County Driver License Station Information

Old 09-05-2009, 08:06 AM

2 posts, read 8,011 times
Well I got some info out of that, thanks. But does anyone know the closest MSF course for Sevier County?

Old 09-06-2009, 08:09 AM

16,106 posts, read 30,940,442 times
I am not sure about specifics but I have three family members that took a 2 day course at Smoky Mountain Harley Davidson in Maryville before they got their motorcycle licenses. I know that not only were they pleased with the course, it certified them to not have to take the driving test at the DMV. One of them subsequently told me that a safety technique that they learned in that class probably saved their life when someone pulled out in front of them and they had to react.

This website might be able to give you more information. Smoky Mountain Harley Davidson and Buell - Maryville, TN Good luck to you.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,546 times
hi im 19 and really interested in getting my motorcycle license i was wondering what is every thing that i need to get it im in greenville michigan

Old 04-30-2015, 10:57 PM

2 posts, read 2,513 times
Hey I'm 23, I have a Suzuki gs 500f. I live in sevierville Tennessee. I was wanting to know if anyone knew how the driving portion of the test is performed without taking that $200 h-d class.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:42 AM

132 posts, read 178,437 times
Best advice for anybody thinking about getting a motorcycle license is to find an experienced (preferably more settled..) rider to put in some riding time with. Don't get in a hurry to get the license. This does not mean "go ride the Dragon" for practice!!! Even then, a safety course is the best anybody can do an money well spent. I've actually been riding for over 30 years and am thinking about taking a class again to feel better about me riding on Tennessee's more challenging roads. For what it will cost, is your life worth it?!? I hope so... Just my 2 cents.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:04 AM

257 posts, read 454,303 times
Take a MSF course if you are interesting in riding motorcycles. You will learn skills that will be used every time you ride. While the course may be costly, it is very easy to get injured while riding.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:52 AM

2 posts, read 2,513 times
True lakehopper

Old 05-01-2015, 10:55 AM

10,053 posts, read 8,213,508 times
When I took my MSF class there were several older bikers in the class who had been riding Harleys for MANY years and never got their motorcycle endorsement. I guess they got a ticket or something and had to take the class. I will tell you that ALL of these very experienced motorcyclists said that they learned skills in the class and picked up things that they wish they had learned earlier. Take the course. It also gets you off the hook for taking the riding portion of the test. Without the riding portion, it's just a written test. If you read the motorcycle handbook that the DMV puts out you should be able to pass it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville