Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2009, 04:34 AM

440 posts, read 1,091,981 times

Advertisements

Morning all. I am looking for motorcycle riders in the areas of Maryville, Gatlinburg, Sevierville, Townsend. Can you let me know of scenic rides, destinations, etc. that you enjoy and motorcycle repair shops, Harley & Triumph dealership/service shops that you would use yourself. My husband rides a Harley & Chopper, I have the Triumph. It has been years since I have been in that area... have driven by car to Cades Cove, Gatlinburg and a few other places. How far to the Blue Ridge Parkway from Maryville? What are the months that you can't ride? From the info I am looking at it looks to be coldest there Nov.-Feb. ? Any insight on warm riding gear will be very much appreciated too. Thanks so much! Moderator cut: snip ***ps.. never rode "The Dragon" but it is on the list of dos!

Last edited by Beretta; 12-20-2009 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: sig line
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 09:08 PM

361 posts, read 861,296 times
Paintedlady,

The wife and I I looking at moving to the Maryville area in 1.5 to 3.5 years for semi retirement at age 53. A couple of sites that may help you are HDforums.com and GL1800riders.com You can also google east Tennessee Riders as they have a site as well.

The GL1800 rider site seems to have more info. for riding the Smoky Mts. Also Smoky Mt. Harley is an outstanding place to visit.

Stone4115@charter.net

Old 12-21-2009, 04:32 AM

394 posts, read 794,008 times
Here's the Links page from ToD website. Lists all the East Tn MC clubs websites and forums: Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC. Ride with care on unfamiliar roads.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:20 AM

440 posts, read 1,091,981 times
Thank you both for the links. I am hoping those who live and ride here will help me by posting some of their favorite rides and stopping places for bikers. Experiences in riding around Tn. and the wear/gear for seasons. Merry Christmas!

Old 12-22-2009, 05:35 AM

394 posts, read 794,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintedLady View Post
posting some of their favorite rides and stopping places for bikers.
There are so many good ones it's like asking about your favorite child. I'd go on the East Tn Riders forum and ask over there or check the rides/stops listed over on ToD. The kind of bike you ride and experience also factor into recommendations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville