Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2009, 07:59 AM

21 posts, read 63,498 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Our family is currently looking having a home built or possibly a resale in the following neighborhoods, Hunter Estates, Campbell Creek, Harrison Springs, and West Arden. Our price range is 270,000 to 300,000. Of course we would love a family friendly neighborhood with excellent schools. Want to make a good choice since we don't plan on moving again for a very long time. Also want to make the best investment. We have lived in Lenoir City the past 4 years but prefer the West Knox and Hardin valley area, closer to husbands work. Any input or opinions would be great.

Thanks so much,
Nichole
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 10:16 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,387,747 times
Hey Nicole, all those areas are great, and with the price range you quoted, you will be able to look at other places as well. Campbell Creek, is filling up fast, and most of them are priced from 229 to 260sh,, and you would do well to search in the Hardin Valley area as well. Are you concerned about schools?

Old 12-14-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanbob View Post
Hey Nicole, all those areas are great, and with the price range you quoted, you will be able to look at other places as well. Campbell Creek, is filling up fast, and most of them are priced from 229 to 260sh,, and you would do well to search in the Hardin Valley area as well. Are you concerned about schools?
Thanks Bob,
Yes schools are very important to me. Our kids are elementary age right now but my DD will be in middle school next year. I love the elementary school they are in right now but not happy about the middle and High school in Lenoir City. I thought Campbell creek was nice as well as the other subdivisions I listed. The house we are looking into in there is priced 274,000. Do you think it's not upscale enough? We are looking for a family oriented subdivision. Would love to get all opinions

Thanks again,
Nichole

Old 12-15-2009, 08:53 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,387,747 times
Campbell Creek, just had a childrens Christmas Santa party, for the small kids, and lots of young families in there. The Hardin Valley Schools are highly thought of, and that is a great location. The homes are fairly upscale, and the only improvement most want, is maybe a more solid counter top, like granite etc.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanbob View Post
Campbell Creek, just had a childrens Christmas Santa party, for the small kids, and lots of young families in there. The Hardin Valley Schools are highly thought of, and that is a great location. The homes are fairly upscale, and the only improvement most want, is maybe a more solid counter top, like granite etc.
Thanks for the information. Looks like we will be going with the Hardin valley area. I love covered bridge but it's out of our price range. Campbell Creek looks very nice. Your right about adding a few upgrades .

Old 12-21-2009, 07:35 PM

75 posts, read 226,494 times
Three of four of those were all on our list. We did not look at West Arden. We did look at Atlee Fields as well. A few thoughts:
- Campbell Creek is nice, but was a little far west for our work. Also didn't like the windy roads to get in and out of that neighborhood. Great proximity to Turkey Creek.
- Hunter Estates we loved. Almost pulled the trigger on a house there. Best floorplans in my opinion. Pricing tended to be in the low 300's, which was a little stretch for us. However, our biggest concern was trying to get onto Lovell Road from Snyder Road. You can sit there for five minutes waiting to get onto Lovell.
- Harrison Springs. Another good neighborhood, and easy access north and South onto Hardin Valley/Lovell/Pellissippi. We ended up here, and are very happy.

A lot of it may be where you are going to be working, and what floorplan you are looking for.

Old 12-26-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustme64 View Post
Three of four of those were all on our list. We did not look at West Arden. We did look at Atlee Fields as well. A few thoughts:
- Campbell Creek is nice, but was a little far west for our work. Also didn't like the windy roads to get in and out of that neighborhood. Great proximity to Turkey Creek.
- Hunter Estates we loved. Almost pulled the trigger on a house there. Best floorplans in my opinion. Pricing tended to be in the low 300's, which was a little stretch for us. However, our biggest concern was trying to get onto Lovell Road from Snyder Road. You can sit there for five minutes waiting to get onto Lovell.
- Harrison Springs. Another good neighborhood, and easy access north and South onto Hardin Valley/Lovell/Pellissippi. We ended up here, and are very happy.

A lot of it may be where you are going to be working, and what floorplan you are looking for.
Thanks for your reply. Good to know you are happy with Harrison Springs.
I'm a SAHM mom but my husband works in West Knoxville. We live in Lenoir City now so anything will be closer to town/ civilization . We did love a house we saw in Harrison Springs but it just sold and our house is not sold yet. The floor plan was called Massey and it was perfect for our family.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:01 PM

5 posts, read 16,220 times
Hi Nochole, not sure if you have made a decision or not. We live in West Arden and love it very much. If you need more info about this sub, I will be more than happy to help. Our neighbors are all great, and we enjoy the views and close by to every where. West Valley mid school is nearby, Bearden High is pretty good accroding to our friends who have kids going there. The A Lotts is one of the best primary school in Ktown. We looked at Hunter Estates and West Arden when we were hunting for house in 2008 and decided to buy in West Arden, mainly due to the beautiful views here and great schools in primary, middle and high all three levels. We never regret the choice. I saw several houses for sale in west arden, matter of fact is that our next door neighbor put their house for sale (that was an investment house from the beginning) and their house has great privacy and upgrade inside......anyway, just wanted to share what I know since I live in one of the subs you were asking about. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichole 28 View Post
Hello,
Our family is currently looking having a home built or possibly a resale in the following neighborhoods, Hunter Estates, Campbell Creek, Harrison Springs, and West Arden. Our price range is 270,000 to 300,000. Of course we would love a family friendly neighborhood with excellent schools. Want to make a good choice since we don't plan on moving again for a very long time. Also want to make the best investment. We have lived in Lenoir City the past 4 years but prefer the West Knox and Hardin valley area, closer to husbands work. Any input or opinions would be great.

Thanks so much,
Nichole

Old 01-16-2010, 08:12 AM

Thanks Carrie. Looks like we might be buying a resale instead having a house built. We do not want to move twice if our house sells and the buyer needs it right away. I looked at a house in the cul de sac a couple months ago, liked it very much. Glad to know you are happy there.

Thanks,
Nichole

Old 01-16-2010, 03:52 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,659,348 times
Look around zip code 37923 in Knoxville. It's what I call close-in West. There are good schools: Bluegrass, Lotts, West Valley middle school, Bearden High. And some very nice older neighborhoods.
Try Suburban Hills (just off KP on Suburban drive) and other areas between Morrell Road and Ebenezer and Northshore and Kingston Pike. Gleason, Westland, Nubbin Ridge run through that area.
Big houses on big lots with great views.
Try West Hills if you want flatter land and more things the kids could walk to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville