Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 08:21 PM

780 posts, read 1,765,117 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to Seymour from Florida and I love it here. There are rentals listed at the Mountain Press website under classifieds, some have pics also. Seymour is so friendly and so convenient to everything. You can go to Knoxville or Sevierville in just a short trip and Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. Not to mention the Sevier county resident benefits where you can get into a lot of the shows free or for huge discounts. We have been to almost all of them and we are going in April to Pigeon Forge and see Lee Greenwood at a huge discount also. I am really glad I picked Seymour and I know you will love it here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 02:50 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,681,348 times
Gald to hear you seem to be mended from your fall and back out enjoying your new home and surroundings. Let us know how much you enjoyed the Greenwood concert! He's fabulous in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
I recently moved to Seymour from Florida and I love it here. There are rentals listed at the Mountain Press website under classifieds, some have pics also. Seymour is so friendly and so convenient to everything. You can go to Knoxville or Sevierville in just a short trip and Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. Not to mention the Sevier county resident benefits where you can get into a lot of the shows free or for huge discounts. We have been to almost all of them and we are going in April to Pigeon Forge and see Lee Greenwood at a huge discount also. I am really glad I picked Seymour and I know you will love it here.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:36 AM

43 posts, read 161,717 times
Default Sounds Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
What part of Seymour did you move to, existing area or one of the new subdivisions? I have seen two new subdivisions online and they look nice but not sure I want to be all that suburbanish (new word) when I move there. What are some of the other shows that you have seen, sounds great!

Old 04-18-2008, 09:18 PM

86 posts, read 132,419 times
tndreamin, keep in touch. I live in southern Maryland and we hope to make the move down there in about 3 yrs.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:33 AM

Default Hi

Well, Lee Greenwood was great just not long enough, he only sang for a little over an hour. I am posting a pic of me with him autographing my CD.

I have seen Country Tonight, Smith Family, Matt Cordell(Elvis and Grease show)Country Bear Dinner Show, Patty Wysneck, Comedy Barn. We are going tomorrow night to see Matt Cordell again and we have Lee Greenwood front row again for my birthday July 11th. We are also going next week to see the Chinese Circus show. Also saw Dolly Parton last weekend in concert at Dollywood.

Yes, recovered pretty much from the fall, still having a few problems and waiting for results from MRI, leg goes numb when I walk a lot so I have to sit a lot but I am still going, I guess I just keep on ticking, lol.

I moved to Smoky Crossing in Seymour. We rent a 3/2 1/2 Townhouse here. We didnt know anything about Seymour so we decided to rent and now we love it here. The Townhouse is huge and we like the complex a lot, if anyone wants to rent while looking to buy I recommend it here(and use my name, we get a bonus for recommendations and I will split it with anyone, Linda Grohman)I may consider renting a house though come Oct 1 when my lease is up, just not sure. I know I dont want to own again, hubby is 8 yrs older than me and just too much upkeep for us at this point and time.

//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...1&d=1208619266

Last edited by gailli; 04-19-2008 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: trying to add a pic

Old 04-19-2008, 03:44 PM

127 posts, read 433,252 times
Hi Gailli,
Your pic didn't show up when I clicked on it. Try posting the [img] link instead. Sounds like you've been having some good times since moving to TN,I'm looking forward to doing the same when we move there in June.
Hopefully you'll recovery completely from your fall.

Old 04-19-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_dreamin' View Post
Hi Gailli,
Your pic didn't show up when I clicked on it. Try posting the [img] link instead. Sounds like you've been having some good times since moving to TN,I'm looking forward to doing the same when we move there in June.
Hopefully you'll recovery completely from your fall.
I'm having problems figuring out how to post an image. I do get the pic when I click on the link I posted though so not sure whats wrong. I will work on it.

I'm sure you will have a lot of fun once you move here, so much to do.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:50 PM

2,124 posts, read 6,818,984 times
To answer someone's question, the Sevier part of Seymour is along Chapman Hwy and all parts east of it, and a small section west of Chapman - maybe a mile down 411. The Blount part of Seymour is off 411 (the road to Maryville) - essentially the north/east part of Seymour. Seymour does not go into Knox County at all. Seymour is a family town, most people commute to Knoxville so traffic during rush hour gets very heavy, as it does all thru south Knox. South Seymour (along Chapman) is much more rural and not as developed, probably has something to do with the land (not buildable, maybe?)

Seymour is full of transplants from other states, like us. Therefore houses, both new and old, do not appear that expensive from where we lived before. We bought an older home which we are only the 2nd owners of. TN does not have strict building codes, so I would be wary of newer homes - I would ask a lot of questions, however it's not like you need to worry about tornadoes or hurricanes in this area. The only permits you need here are electrical and septic. In FL, for example, you need permits for everything (windows, doors, sheds, etc.) Zoning is very strange as previously mentioned. Houses seem to sit on top of each other. You'll see a house next to a business next to something that was demolished next to farmland. It's interesting! New businesses are constantly going up in Seymour; I don't know if they plan to widen any roads in the future. Traffic will definitely be increasing in the coming years. Locals know the back roads. We are very happy in Seymour, it's quiet and we have a view of the Smokies.

Lastly, Seymour has no downtown, no city hall, no police dept, etc. We have a post office, a library, and an auxillary ambulance dept. Lots of banks, and 4 schools all in the same area.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:00 PM

21 posts, read 63,895 times
Checked out the link My family and I are needing a much bigger house 4-6 bed to rent or rent to own in Tenn so the link didn't help Can you let me know of some other places

Old 04-20-2008, 09:41 AM

Default NJ Devil

Hi, I am from Florida and live in Smoky Crossing. I love it here in Seymour, 15 minutes to Sevierville, 15 or 20 min to Knoxville, about the same to Maryville, its so central to everything. I like living in the Sevier County part of Seymour due to the Sevier County Days at all the theaters in Pigeon Forge. The discounts and free admissions are really a great plus.

Seymour is building, not in a town way but in businesses like Dr offices and the such. We do have two big grocery chains here and you only have to go 5 miles to Super Walmart, Lowes, and Home Depot.

I'm really glad I chose Seymour.

NJDevil, what area of Seymour are you in?

Last edited by gailli; 04-20-2008 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: spell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville