Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 07:00 PM

4 posts, read 6,218 times

Advertisements

I posted a few months back about living in West Knox and looking for an apartment in the area. I wanted to thank everybody for their help. I think I've all but decided on Walker's Crossing. It seems nice, fairly affordable, and is REALLY close to a lot of the extras I want to live near, including the job I want (fingers crossed).
I have another question now. Does anyone have any idea what utilities would cost in Walker's Crossing for a single man living alone? I live in a fairly small town, and all the local utility companies have monopolized the area, so they just charge whatever they want, which means gauging by what my parents pay regarding the bills isn't too helpful. Can anyone give a rough guess on what I would probably expect to be paying a month in gas, water, electricity, cable, internet, etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 08:46 PM

851 posts, read 2,458,282 times
Need more info: size of apt, all electric, any gas?

Old 03-16-2010, 09:46 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,389,314 times
Hey Evil, I have a client living there in a 2 bedroom, one of the newer units, and its located on the basement or ground level. I will check with her, and get you some exact prices. They have lived there about 8 months and will post or dm you later.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:08 PM

4 posts, read 6,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanbob View Post
Hey Evil, I have a client living there in a 2 bedroom, one of the newer units, and its located on the basement or ground level. I will check with her, and get you some exact prices. They have lived there about 8 months and will post or dm you later.
Thank you, that's sort of what I was looking for, just kind of a general estimate of what I could be looking for. I'm hoping to get into one of the 1 bedroom/1 Bathroom apts. I was just looking for a range of what I might be expecting. I don't plan on doing anything like putting a pool in the living room, so my rate of use would be right in the middle of "Average Use" so I was just trying to find out what "Average" was in the area.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:51 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
It's still not average use, because we are all different, but I always call the utility and find out what the previous owner/tenant's bills went for. So, you would probably need water, sewer and electric from KUB. Cable with internet, depending on the package and from whom, can run you anywhere from $25 to a couple of hundred. The lowest price is for 13 channels and dial-up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville