Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 03:06 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,860,206 times

Advertisements

Actually I found online ratings for the two apartment complexes in Louisville and I sure don't want to live there now. Both have had severe cockroach problems, one is across from a sewage plant so the smells drift and there are complaints about high utility costs because the doors don't even fit tight and the wind comes in around the doors. No thanks! Marking that area off my list now.

Actually so far not finding any nice apartments online other than Knoxville and its too expensive there and too much crime. I may end up moving to NC since apparently East TN apartments are all nasty or else cost as much as a house payment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 03:23 PM

162 posts, read 229,648 times
Metro Louisville is over half a million. That ain't small.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1077 View Post
Metro Louisville is over half a million. That ain't small.
You're obviously confusing Louisvilles. There's several towns in the Southeast by the same name. This Louisville is off Pellissippi Pkwy near Knoxville and Alcoa Tennessee. There's no way it could be over half a million. I think you are confusing it with the one in Kentucky.

Old 04-24-2010, 05:43 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,349,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
Actually I found online ratings for the two apartment complexes in Louisville and I sure don't want to live there now. Both have had severe cockroach problems, one is across from a sewage plant so the smells drift and there are complaints about high utility costs because the doors don't even fit tight and the wind comes in around the doors. No thanks! Marking that area off my list now.

Actually so far not finding any nice apartments online other than Knoxville and its too expensive there and too much crime. I may end up moving to NC since apparently East TN apartments are all nasty or else cost as much as a house payment.
Sigh

Old 04-25-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Sigh
Yeah I know was really disappointed cuz the price was good and living near the lake sounded like fun. Maybe that's why they have so many cockroaches though with all the water around. Maryville apartments have similar bad ratings and another problem in the places there that is apparently widespread is having maintenance men come into the apartment all hours day and night uninvited and women living alone have had them come in when they were in the shower or sleeping nude. When I lived in Oak Ridge I dealt with that. I wasn't living alone then but I was alone that morning when the scumbag maintenance come in when I had not called them and I was in bed. His excuse was to check see if our heater worked?? Maintenance did that constantly and once had $60 missing that had been left out on top of a dresser.

I wonder what TN tenant laws allow? Here the landlord has to give 48 hrs notice to enter unless its absolute emergency like a leak. That way you can be on guard to be dressed and hide the valuables out of sight also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville