Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2007, 11:39 AM

177 posts, read 790,808 times

Advertisements

Where are the golf courses within 15-20 minutes of Knoxville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2007, 12:01 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,117,298 times
Knoxville Golf Courses

Old 06-09-2007, 12:03 PM

Perfect! Thanks, hiknapster!

Old 06-10-2007, 03:00 PM

188 posts, read 565,247 times
Default Holston Hills

I don't golf, but I have met various golf fanatics in the southeast who love Holston Hills. I live in this neighborhood, but don't appreciate "golf course features"..... this one, I hear, is ranked in the top 50 of vintage/classic golf courses nationwide.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:46 AM

31 posts, read 96,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Good list, but by no means complete. Right across the street from Willow Creek is Fox Den, and just a bit further out on 75 is Landmark at Avalon (a VERY nice course). Egwani Farms (Alcoa) and River Islands (10 miles or so East of town off of 40) are two other excellent courses in the area. If you want to see clubs close to where you are planning to move to, use Google maps and zoom in on your preferred area....most courses will show up that way.

-C

Old 06-12-2007, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyranha View Post
Good list, but by no means complete.
I don't golf, nor do I care to. All I did was google. We don't get paid to answer these questions.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I don't golf, nor do I care to. All I did was google. We don't get paid to answer these questions.

hiknapster, after you posted I thought the same thing - I could have just Googled myself (one of those DUH! moments) but I certainly very much appreciate the effort. At some point after that I found another site that seemed to be a little nicer because you can pick a city and it will tell you the closest courses to the center of that city going outward. You can see the link here Golflink.com . The cool thing is that many smaller cities are listed like Seymour and Rockford and it does include the ones that Pyranha mentions so it looks to be more complete.

Pyranha, I also noticed the courses shown on Google maps after I posted the note. There's a pretty high concentration of courses on the west side of town. Do you live near Farragut? It seems to be a very nice area but I'm a little worried that it might be too congested. I'm also thinking it may be a bit out of my price range and it sounds like it might be the worst area in terms of commuting downtown.

I'm asking about golf courses not for me but for my 9 year old son. We are thinking about moving up there next summer and I want to be close to a course (within bike range) so he can get as much practice as possible. We'll be visiting this July so I will take a look around when we get there.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:26 AM

Doogie: Oh, I didn't mind answering the question.

It's just that this happened recently with another thread. Someone said we were not very helpful. It irritated me because sometimes I think people actually think we work for a relocation service or something. It was pretty rude!

You were not rude!

I read in the paper that they have a great golf program for children. It may have been at Holston Hills, but I'm not sure. I'll have to see if I still have the article.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:45 PM

31 posts, read 96,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie View Post

Pyranha, I also noticed the courses shown on Google maps after I posted the note. There's a pretty high concentration of courses on the west side of town. Do you live near Farragut? It seems to be a very nice area but I'm a little worried that it might be too congested. I'm also thinking it may be a bit out of my price range and it sounds like it might be the worst area in terms of commuting downtown.
I don't live in West Knoxville yet, but my wife and I spent the last week in the area scouting out homes for our next move (and West Knoxville it will be). There are a fair number of courses out that way, but you are correct that it is a bit pricey in terms of housing costs. You could look at Maryville/Alcoa as a somewhat less expensive alternative, and the drive to Farragut up the Pellissippi parkway is not bad at all. I can't comment personally on teh commute into the city, but our realtor indicated that it wasn't too horrible.

Hiknapster: I'm sorry if you found my post offensive, not my intent. I was simply informing the questioner that there were indeed more options available to him.

-C
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville