Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 09:46 AM

17 posts, read 18,732 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My wife and i are looking to relocate to a drier climate as we currently reside in Huntsville AL.
I am trying to get a job at WSMR and could certainly use some help/connections.
My area of work is cyber security related and hold a CISSP certification along with a security clearance.

Anyone have any leads i'd surely appreciate it
and any suggested areas to look for at renting a house?

thanks
Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 07:09 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,164,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don 79 TA View Post
I am trying to get a job at WSMR
and any suggested areas to look for at renting a house?
If you do get employed at WSMR, they will likely be the best source of information on housing options. Over the years, there have been many who lived in El Paso as well as Las Cruces. I personally would choose Las Cruces but the NE side of El Paso (closest to WSMR) has seen tremendous housing growth in recent years and I suspect rentals are plentiful. Most WSMR employees either car pool or ride a shuttle bus from El Paso and it's likely the same applies to those in Las Cruces.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:53 AM

Thank You
I am looking to see if anyone has a connection to assist with getting a job at WSMR/Fort Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
If you do get employed at WSMR, they will likely be the best source of information on housing options. Over the years, there have been many who lived in El Paso as well as Las Cruces. I personally would choose Las Cruces but the NE side of El Paso (closest to WSMR) has seen tremendous housing growth in recent years and I suspect rentals are plentiful. Most WSMR employees either car pool or ride a shuttle bus from El Paso and it's likely the same applies to those in Las Cruces.

Old 02-15-2018, 04:09 PM

how about the Alamogordo area?
Wife has a place that wants to interview her for their mental health clinic
I see Holloman AFB is near there

Old 02-15-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Thank You
I am looking to see if anyone has a connection to assist with getting a job at WSMR/Fort Bliss.
Are you open to other options in the area? There is a NASA facility just outside of Las Cruces - closer than WSMR hdqtrs. Holloman AFB may have civilian openings also. And a ton of both govt. and military options in the El Paso area. Border Patrol/Customs is another option.

Old 02-16-2018, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
Are you open to other options in the area? There is a NASA facility just outside of Las Cruces - closer than WSMR hdqtrs. Holloman AFB may have civilian openings also. And a ton of both govt. and military options in the El Paso area. Border Patrol/Customs is another option.
yes i would be
where is the NASA facility and any leads on how to search for jobs there?
Fort Bliss is another one i have been looking in

Old 02-16-2018, 08:39 AM

Quote:
where is the NASA facility and any leads on how to search for jobs there?
You can search online for information as easily as I can, but here's
a start for you:

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/wstf/about_us/contact_us.html

Old 02-16-2018, 08:39 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
Quote:
I am trying to get a job at WSMR and could certainly use some help/connections.
My area of work is cyber security related and hold a CISSP certification along with a security clearance.

Anyone have any leads i'd surely appreciate it

thanks
Don
You might check out/look at https://www.usajobs.gov/

USAJobs is the United States Government's official website for listing civil service job opportunities with federal agencies. The site is operated by the United States Office of Personnel Management. It was created in 1996.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:41 AM

45 posts, read 104,098 times
I found a nice rental in Las Cruces through Zillow

There are daily shuttles from Las Cruces to WSMR. The picj up location is the Lowes parking lot on Main St. (This was told to me by an employee at WSMR)

Old 02-20-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bccruce pershing View Post
I found a nice rental in Las Cruces through Zillow

There are daily shuttles from Las Cruces to WSMR. The picj up location is the Lowes parking lot on Main St. (This was told to me by an employee at WSMR)
Thanks
The wife has an interview with a facility in Alamogordo NM
Hoping that pans out and maybe they have a lead on a job at Holloman

The drier climate is going to help her. She's been sick here the last 4 years and its time to move on
I was out in LC in 2010 and really enjoyed the area, especially compared to Yuma.

Is the Alamogordo area nice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces