Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2023, 10:42 AM

17,789 posts, read 13,682,006 times

Advertisements

To say that NMSU football has been moribund since.... well, forever, sans a couple of years in the 1960s is perhaps an understatement.

In my experience, there was more attention paid to HS football in town than NMSU and it wasn't really even close. NMSU football wasn't even on people's radar because they were so bad.

I was wondering how this incredible, dominating victory over Auburn was playing in town. And to finish with a great season. Is anybody paying attention?

From afar, I'm really happy for Coach Kill and the Aggie program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2023, 04:35 PM

2,070 posts, read 2,382,707 times
I don't follow sports so can't answer but thanks for bringing this up. That is impressive! My brothers are big college football fans. One graduated from UTexas and attended the annual Red River Rivalry game for many years. The other attended NMSU first and then graduated from LSU (also in the SEC). I'm sure there will be some discussion when I visit them at Christmas.

Old 11-23-2023, 08:50 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times
I live here, and I am not seeing it. The proof will be this Saturday when Jacksonville State comes to play. If we don't sell out the stadium, we don't deserve to retain Coach Kill. We have a dedicated small set of fans. I was at the game against Middle Tennessee State a few weeks ago. Typical Aggies fans, many of them could hang the first half, then bailed on the game. It was very discouraging, as this was a competitive game at half. This isn't the first game I have attended where I have witnessed it. I've seen it happen repeatedly. I guess the fans here get tired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
View detailed profiles of: