Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 04:41 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,243,364 times

Advertisements

Do homes in Las Vegas tend to have termites? They're rampant where I live and if your house isn't treated regularly, you WILL have them. So since we have to get the bug guy here anyway, we get sprayed for everything. I don't like the chemicals either, but they work. I had crickets in my air ducts for awhile (almost drove me mad) and the bug guy got rid of them. I killed one of those transparent scorpions in my bathroom, but I never saw another one again once I told the bug guy, who actually caulked around the baseboard for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 08:46 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,457,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Do homes in Las Vegas tend to have termites? They're rampant where I live and if your house isn't treated regularly, you WILL have them. So since we have to get the bug guy here anyway, we get sprayed for everything. I don't like the chemicals either, but they work. I had crickets in my air ducts for awhile (almost drove me mad) and the bug guy got rid of them. I killed one of those transparent scorpions in my bathroom, but I never saw another one again once I told the bug guy, who actually caulked around the baseboard for me.

Termites are not something that you guy probably sprays for. We have subterranean termites here, but I have only seen them in old homes, and mobile homes.

You also have to watch out on home made planter boxes or patios. When you put them in and they are attached to the home with no barrier, that can cause a problem down the line. When we do Termite Inspections, we have to actually call that on the report. It is not saying you have termites, but it is a condition that is conducive to termites.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:26 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,196,884 times
So what was that big ant that i saw with wings in the upstairs bathroom last week? Was it a queen ant? Or a termite? It was red colored, a good size, but someone (not me)put it in the toilet and flushed it away.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:39 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,457,564 times
We do have termites, it depends on how many segments the body had if that is what it was. They do swarm, along with ants. But they tend not to make their homes in your homes.

Pink, You are ok. Your home was actually treated in the pre-construction phase with Bora-Care. Actually, your wood was. So you are good if termites try to eat your home. Guys that used to work for us actually did the work, when we were with the other company.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:32 PM

17 posts, read 34,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atr View Post

When we were at Mountain's Edge...there was everything! scorpions, ants, spiders, red necks, EVERYTHING!
so since this is a couple years old i just wanted to ask everyone who might live in mountain's edge, do you have scorpions now still? now that its more established? freaking out about moving into mountain's edge especially to a house with new construction!

Old 03-10-2013, 01:21 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,749,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasbound77 View Post
so since this is a couple years old i just wanted to ask everyone who might live in mountain's edge, do you have scorpions now still? now that its more established? freaking out about moving into mountain's edge especially to a house with new construction!
2nd thread about creepy crawly things.. are you sure you want to live in the desert?

Old 03-10-2013, 01:37 PM

17 posts, read 34,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_Eagan View Post
2nd thread about creepy crawly things.. are you sure you want to live in the desert?
just trying to prepare myself & get replies from as many people as possible. but thanks

Old 03-10-2013, 05:49 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,724,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantabeach View Post
Yuck!
I have been in at least 50 vacant houses in Mountains Edge. Never saw a scorpion.

If they are there you normally see them dead in the bathtub or sink

Old 03-11-2013, 06:23 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,749,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
I have been in at least 50 vacant houses in Mountains Edge. Never saw a scorpion.

If they are there you normally see them dead in the bathtub or sink
As comforting as that may be, they weren't always dead in the bathtub or sink, they had to get there somehow!

Old 03-11-2013, 07:30 AM

280 posts, read 569,729 times
I live about a mile or two from Mtn Edge near Rainbow & Windmill and I haven't seen any scorpions since I've moved here. I frequent Exploration Park (Blue Diamond & Buffalo) often and walk up to the top of the hill with the dogs and never seen a scorp there either...but I have seen coyotes & a rattlesnake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas