Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 09:40 AM

818 posts, read 3,698,510 times

Advertisements

BTW- Last I heard, Turnberry is 90% out-of-town owners- very few full-time residents.

This is one of the concerns about the rest of the downtown properties as well. How many people will actually be living in these buildings?

While I won't argue that downtown LV is run down, it doesn't have the decades or centuries of urban decay to overcome like east coast cities. There are already a handful of trendy upscale restaurants down there, the hip bars are moving in left and right, so it should be only a matter of time before there are some good boutique grocery stores. I read about some tentative plans for such a store to go into the property proposed in the old Mad Dog's and Englishmen property on LV Blvd. I'd love to see something happen in the Meyers Market on Oakey and LV Blvd too, but these things take a long time and a lot of money.

Also, in Las Vegas terms, driving a couple miles to a grocery store is nothing. I made a beer run while visiting friends in Mountain's Edge and the round trip was almost 17 miles! But at least everyone had all their teeth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 03:19 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,687,180 times
ppl that live in Las Vegas Country Club probably go shopping at Maryland and Sahara, i haven't seen any toothless people at that corner while waiting for the bus, now the Smith's at Rampart and Lake Mead is different, all those toothless ppl from Sun City, lol...hmm, where I'm from on the shore in NJ, just south of Asbury Park, the closest grocery store was in Neptune, a not so nice area, but you still had to drive there to do groceries...even people that spend lots of money to rent or live right on the beach go there, because they have to go buy groceries, it'll be the same thing for downtown...

Last edited by lvkewlkid; 06-20-2007 at 03:27 PM..

Old 06-20-2007, 04:43 PM

818 posts, read 3,698,510 times
I did see a guy sagging his pants on the corner of Sahara/Maryland, only he didn't have underwear, only his exposed bare ass. Anything to keep cool, eh?

Old 06-20-2007, 04:56 PM

that also happened in Green Valley Ranch, when I lived there...

Old 06-20-2007, 08:24 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
So i guess if one can afford the high rise condo lifestyle, they can just call and order their food from one of the supermarkets that deliver.
But you never know if you will get the freshest produce, the kind you personally like to pick out. I think i'll stick to the suburbs.

Last edited by PinkString; 06-20-2007 at 08:24 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-20-2007, 10:33 PM

yeh, that is a good idea, those dwellers don't need a nearby supermarket, they can just do it online and get it delivered...By the time it gets from VONS at Pecos and Windmill everything will be melted, lol...that's where all of VONS online ordering gets delivered from...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: