Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 09:02 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,156,755 times

Advertisements

There really is an app for everything. Thought that this was some type of novelty thing for advertising/exposure. But after reading up on it, this application actually makes sense.

Quote:
The Glen Lerner App is free and was developed to help Nevada drivers store and gather the necessary information at the scene of an accident to help users protect their rights and get through the traumatic experience of an accident. The tools and resources within the App will help to gather information and guide the user on site or even after they...
App Store - Glen Lerner App
Glen Lerner Launches Mobile App; Understands the Importance of Being Available
Glen Lerner - Android app on AppBrain
'In a wreck? Need a check?' There's a (Glen Lerner) app for that - Las Vegas Weekly

Quote:
You can send accident photos, video and audio directly to Glen’s office, interview witnesses, detail injuries to yourself and others—it’s like those “private investigator” kits we bought as kids, only on a smartphone.
In a wreck? Need a check? Only in Vegas...haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 09:42 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,473,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
There really is an app for everything. Thought that this was some type of novelty thing for advertising/exposure. But after reading up on it, this application actually makes sense.

App Store - Glen Lerner App
Glen Lerner Launches Mobile App; Understands the Importance of Being Available
Glen Lerner - Android app on AppBrain
'In a wreck? Need a check?' There's a (Glen Lerner) app for that - Las Vegas Weekly

In a wreck? Need a check? Only in Vegas...haha
Whenever I have friends/family from out of town come visit, they always remark about our attorney commercials, from Jack Bernstein (with his awkward and rehearsed arm movements, to the dude in the Big Cowboy Hat (the good guy) and Chad Golightly who never blinks...and my sister, if she's here in town, if she's watching tv and she sees the commercial, she'll complain this is stuck in her head all day, lol

"Glen Lerner is the way to go, call 877-1500"

Old 01-13-2012, 09:44 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,836,746 times
I wonder if that app just stores the info you enter, or sends it to Glen. I wouldn't be suprised if people using that app didn't receive a call from his office shortly after an accident.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:49 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
When my wife n I got rearended a few years back, we called Glen....and we waited for his call back......still waitin.....

Old 01-13-2012, 10:00 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,836,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
When my wife n I got rearended a few years back, we called Glen....and we waited for his call back......still waitin.....
That cuz you didn't have the app.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:25 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,156,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Whenever I have friends/family from out of town come visit, they always remark about our attorney commercials, from Jack Bernstein (with his awkward and rehearsed arm movements, to the dude in the Big Cowboy Hat (the good guy) and Chad Golightly who never blinks...and my sister, if she's here in town, if she's watching tv and she sees the commercial, she'll complain this is stuck in her head all day, lol

"Glen Lerner is the way to go, call 877-1500"
That was my morning, get ready for work theme song.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:52 AM

6,816 posts, read 11,542,919 times
Farmers Insurance, for one, has a similar app.

As a temporary LV resident, I too am amused by the number of attorney ads here. I'm used to only seeing attorneys shilling for pharmaceutical malpractice.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:14 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,352,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
Farmers Insurance, for one, has a similar app.

As a temporary LV resident, I too am amused by the number of attorney ads here. I'm used to only seeing attorneys shilling for pharmaceutical malpractice.
Except that none of them have ever set foot in a courtroom, I'd say that is the real reason our car insurance is so high here ─ litigation. It has a lot to do with it, but they merely take 30% of what the insurance company would give you anyway.

Put that app on your phone and you'll probably pull in an accident.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:36 PM

280 posts, read 572,045 times
My mother was a family law attorney (wills, trusts and such) and always told me to NEVER ever use an attorney who advertises on TV. They are desperate. Desperate for your money, not desperate to help you. These are the shady attorneys that beat the fire department and paramedics to an crime/accident scene to pass out business cards. They have large staffs that sit in cars with police/fire scanners just to round up business. (Especially ones that potentially bring in big bucks - truck, bus, train, plane accidents) (I got in a large fatality accident in Sacramento in my semi a few years ago --no it wasn't my fault, the other guy had a .24% BAC, passed out and ran a red light and T-boned my trailer and killed himself-- within 3 hrs at 4am on a Sunday I had 3 attorneys approach me, 2 of them advertise in the Northern CA market.) Most have poor litigation experience and/or success rates. Most TV attorneys charge extremely high rates and will gobble up more then half of anything you receive from a judgement if you win. If you lose your still stuck paying their fees. The best way to find an attorney is either good recommendations from friends and family or by contacting your states Bar Association for a recommendation.

Now while the app itself might be a positive thing (for arranging and organizing accident information & witness statements), Glen Lerners is far from being the first (and in my opinion, far from the best or easiest to use). All insurance companies (that I know of) will mail/give you an accident kit with all the information needed and most will even provide you with a disposable camera. But with todays technology dependent population its not surprising to see a bunch of these type of apps coming out to the market.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:21 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,396,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Except that none of them have ever set foot in a courtroom, I'd say that is the real reason our car insurance is so high here ─ litigation. It has a lot to do with it, but they merely take 30% of what the insurance company would give you anyway.

Put that app on your phone and you'll probably pull in an accident.

No, they sue for triple your losses and take 30 or 40%. If the insurance companies would settle fairly to their clients who have paid the premiums for years, we wouldn't need half the attorneys we have to help get what you rightly deserve. All the insurance employees are trained to do is try to deny claims as much as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas