Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 01:09 PM

98 posts, read 186,062 times

Advertisements

I am looking for an apartment complex (possibly on Flamingo Road) that has bus lines that run regularly instead of every 30-60 minutes and is close to the strip.

Any suggestions are most appreciated.

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 01:11 PM

98 posts, read 186,062 times
and forgot to add a place that's safe....somewhere where you have lived or know someone has has lived there.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:30 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,156,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasvegasnewbie View Post
I am looking for an apartment complex (possibly on Flamingo Road) that has bus lines that run regularly instead of every 30-60 minutes and is close to the strip.

Any suggestions are most appreciated.

Thank you!!
The Falls Apartments
Flamingo Polo Club Apartments
Flamingo Road Apartments
Fountains At Flamingo Apartments
Broadstone Flamingo West
Villas At Flamingo
Siegel Suites Swenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasvegasnewbie View Post
and forgot to add a place that's safe....somewhere where you have lived or know someone has has lived there.
Nevermind the list above then.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:41 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
A place that's safe and near the Strip I think is an oxymoron. The farther you get from the Strip, the better and safer.
Maybe a better bet would be to rent a room in someone's home near the Strip or closer to buses that run more frequently. Doing the roommate thing would help in safety as well, and would help you in saving for a car.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:04 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
A place that's safe and near the Strip I think is an oxymoron. The farther you get from the Strip, the better and safer.
Maybe a better bet would be to rent a room in someone's home near the Strip or closer to buses that run more frequently. Doing the roommate thing would help in safety as well, and would help you in saving for a car.
Yeah...if I was in her situation I would take an inconvenient bus route one million times over than live closer to active bus lines near the Strip. Unless you can afford a luxury condo on the Strip, you are not safe. It's the truth, unfortunately.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:27 PM

848 posts, read 1,724,288 times
Flamingo Rd both East and West has lots of apt complexes. Look toward the West side of Flamingo, numerous places and as mentioned here the farther away from the Strip the better.

Old 07-31-2010, 04:27 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
I have to disagree with everyone on this thread. I have lived very close to the strip and have never once been a victim of crime. The last apartments I lived on was University Park on the corner of Flamingo and Maryland. My roommate even had a brand new truck with no problems. I used to walk home at 3 am, again with no problems. Has anyone who is spewing nonsense on this thread actually lived in these areas close to a strip AND been a crime victim?

Old 07-31-2010, 04:34 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
We aren't spewing nonsense drunkone. It makes sense that a GUY has a better chance of being out at 3am than a WOMAN. And she definitely does not want to be on Maryland Parkway after dark by herself. That is not exactly a great area, and especially close to the Boulevard mall, the worse it is!!!
She either needs to get a boyfriend to keep her safe so she can live in the crappier area's like you do, or she needs to move further out where it is safer, and she can leave during the day to work knowing her things will still be there when she gets home. Plus, she won't become a victim, standing out there in the dark, waiting for a bus.

Old 07-31-2010, 04:47 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
We aren't spewing nonsense drunkone. It makes sense that a GUY has a better chance of being out at 3am than a WOMAN. And she definitely does not want to be on Maryland Parkway after dark by herself. That is not exactly a great area, and especially close to the Boulevard mall, the worse it is!!!
She either needs to get a boyfriend to keep her safe so she can live in the crappier area's like you do, or she needs to move further out where it is safer, and she can leave during the day to work knowing her things will still be there when she gets home. Plus, she won't become a victim, standing out there in the dark, waiting for a bus.
I am a very small guy so I am just as likely to be robbed as as a woman. I have also seen lots of women sitting at the bus stops throughout the night . I carry pretty potent pepper spray and that is all she needs to defend herself. I have only used it once (on the strip), and it was very effective to say the least.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:33 PM

351 posts, read 837,089 times
Where can I get pepper spray?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: