Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2010, 09:03 PM

103 posts, read 463,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingLasVegas View Post
I had my second interview for a position in the accounting dept on Oct. 9th I haven't heard anything since. I called the talent center and the person told me to "give it a couple of days"

The wait is stressful, I would like to know what their decision is Yes, No, another interview perhaps...I need to figure out my next move.
May I ask what position you are applying for in accounting dept.?
I had my second on 09/30 and am still waiting. Did you ask when they are going to give you a notice? I applied for accountant and non-gaming auditor, but the interview was for non-gaming auditor.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 09:13 PM

24 posts, read 70,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyvegas View Post
May I ask what position you are applying for in accounting dept.?
I had my second on 09/30 and am still waiting. Did you ask when they are going to give you a notice? I applied for accountant and non-gaming auditor, but the interview was for non-gaming auditor.

Good luck!
I interviewed for the POS Coordinator position, the interviewer told me that I should hear something in a week. He also mentioned that some of the positions would be starting in two weeks (two weeks from the 9th).
Maybe they are really behind?

In any event I wish you luck as well!

Old 10-20-2010, 09:48 PM

103 posts, read 463,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingLasVegas View Post
I interviewed for the POS Coordinator position, the interviewer told me that I should hear something in a week. He also mentioned that some of the positions would be starting in two weeks (two weeks from the 9th).
Maybe they are really behind?

In any event I wish you luck as well!
Thank you for your reply? Two managers interviewed me and told me that it was the first day (09/30) of conducting interviews for the accounting dept. They didn't tell me how long it will take to give me yes or no answer.
Wow, I wonder what positions will start in two weeks. Maybe, I should just give up. It has been three weeks since my second interview (they told me that second interview is the final interview.

Thanks again!

Old 10-20-2010, 10:04 PM

24 posts, read 70,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyvegas View Post
Thank you for your reply? Two managers interviewed me and told me that it was the first day (09/30) of conducting interviews for the accounting dept. They didn't tell me how long it will take to give me yes or no answer.
Wow, I wonder what positions will start in two weeks. Maybe, I should just give up. It has been three weeks since my second interview (they told me that second interview is the final interview.

Thanks again!
Don't give up, no news is better than a rejection letter (that's how I'm looking at it). I don't know exactly what positions he was referring to with the early start. I will be relieved when I finally receive some type of correspondence from the Cosmo.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:53 AM

28 posts, read 55,864 times
I applied at Cosmo for Room Attn, full time.... received my job offer 2 days ago, going sat to take my ss and papers to the pollock location, and my starting day is nov 1st..... currently working at Aria same position but PT, .....In your opinion, what could be the best option????

leave a job where I already went trough the probation time, (I start on the opening at Aria), but with no posibilities to have a full time NEVER, since the señority and the tranfers at this property.... or leave and make the change to cosmo and start again, with a full time, with a company nounion ? leave your comment pls.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:59 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janethrodrigueznv View Post
I applied at Cosmo for Room Attn, full time.... received my job offer 2 days ago, going sat to take my ss and papers to the pollock location, and my starting day is nov 1st..... currently working at Aria same position but PT, .....In your opinion, what could be the best option????

leave a job where I already went trough the probation time, (I start on the opening at Aria), but with no posibilities to have a full time NEVER, since the señority and the tranfers at this property.... or leave and make the change to cosmo and start again, with a full time, with a company nounion ? leave your comment pls.
In my opinion, you are in a position that usually gets cuts at 90 days, so i would think this very carefully.. .Can you work both? Plus, i believe the Cosmo is like 16 rooms vs. 13 at Aria.. it's going to be tough!

Old 10-21-2010, 11:20 AM

71 posts, read 180,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janethrodrigueznv View Post

I think you're better off going for the full time. If you stay at Aria you may be part time for years. And if they decide to cut staff more at Aria, the part timers will be the first to get hours cut more or even get laid off. Plus, Cosmo will give you full time benefits.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:56 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyray View Post
I think you're better off going for the full time. If you stay at Aria you may be part time for years. And if they decide to cut staff more at Aria, the part timers will be the first to get hours cut more or even get laid off. Plus, Cosmo will give you full time benefits.
i originally thought that too but i'm wondering how many are leaving aria to go to cosmo.. there may be a fair amount which would open up full time positions at aria.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:18 PM

33 posts, read 75,234 times
I have been following posts,time for my two cents.I applied for Roomservice ,and have gone through all the interviews,except my third and final,which I have an appointment for the end of the month.Lets just say that a good majority of the jobs are being filled by friends of management.That is nothing new,as most recent hotel openings have done the same thing.The Cosmo is going to be union,as I have been told by a friend in management,and the union itself.As for layoffs before your probation is up.The only reason for being layed off is because of attendance,not being available for overtime,and laziness.Keep your mouth shut,work hard,and do what your told with enthusiasm,and I guarantee you will be okay.I am nervous as hell about getting this job,because this is the last great oppourtunity for a long time to get a good paying job.Everyone has an equal shot at a good seniority number,since there will be no transfers.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:16 PM

91 posts, read 200,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quikrat View Post
I have been following posts,time for my two cents.I applied for Roomservice ,and have gone through all the interviews,except my third and final,which I have an appointment for the end of the month.Lets just say that a good majority of the jobs are being filled by friends of management.That is nothing new,as most recent hotel openings have done the same thing.The Cosmo is going to be union,as I have been told by a friend in management,and the union itself.As for layoffs before your probation is up.The only reason for being layed off is because of attendance,not being available for overtime,and laziness.Keep your mouth shut,work hard,and do what your told with enthusiasm,and I guarantee you will be okay.I am nervous as hell about getting this job,because this is the last great oppourtunity for a long time to get a good paying job.Everyone has an equal shot at a good seniority number,since there will be no transfers.
hello.
about how many hours/days you received the email for the 3rd interview after going on your 2nd interview?

thanks!

GOOD LUCK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas