Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 11:55 AM

11 posts, read 16,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathxo View Post
hi there,

im a 20 year old female (turning 21 in 2months) and i would like to have some opinions about moving to vegas, here is my situation :

i live in canada (american citizen also) and my boyfriend lives in vegas, we are long distance for about 1 year now. Obviously we would love to finally live together, start a life together.. and since its complicated for him to come in canada (jobs, imigration papers ect..) we were talking about me moving in vegas. My boyfriend says he can find me a job no problem in club / bars industry since he works there for few years now and that for a young female...its much more easier to find a job. Is there anyone who could tell me how is it going in this industry and my main question is : can we really make great money out of it ?

I love vegas, have been there every month (not on the strip) to see my boyfriend for 1 year and yes i already know how hot summer can be !
Ok i really have to specify that i am not refering to a stripping/dancing job...we are talking about bartending/waitress job here : he would never want me to do that and knows i will never sign up for this job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 12:43 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,342,083 times
If I read the posts correctly, your boyfriend already works here in the industry and has communicated to you that through contacts he will be able to land a job in the same industry for you. Is that correct?

If that's the case and you guys are committed to it, I say go for it. However, as many have correctly stated on here, jobs are very scarce so you should have between 6-12 months of living expenses saved up first before you make the move just in case things don't work out in the job market.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
If I read the posts correctly, your boyfriend already works here in the industry and has communicated to you that through contacts he will be able to land a job in the same industry for you. Is that correct?

If that's the case and you guys are committed to it, I say go for it. However, as many have correctly stated on here, jobs are very scarce so you should have between 6-12 months of living expenses saved up first before you make the move just in case things don't work out in the job market.
that is correct! and yes i have some save up and will continue to save up thanks for ur reply!

Old 08-06-2010, 01:36 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,053 times
I'm not sure why some keep referring to stripping when you never mentioned that but since it was brought up 18 you can dance in a nude club then at 21 move to topless.

If your boyfriend has connections then you should be able to get in or try applying for oncall positions.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:45 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
And nothing wrong with stripping....there's good money in it. Your favorite next door neighbor...or the soccer mom...could be a stripper in LV...without raising an eyebrow.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:46 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
I'm not sure why some keep referring to stripping when you never mentioned that but since it was brought up 18 you can dance in a nude club then at 21 move to topless.

If your boyfriend has connections then you should be able to get in or try applying for oncall positions.
I think it was the "Quick Money" quote. When most people hear "quick money" you dont think of a job.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:46 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
thats why JFKIII keeps applying

Old 08-06-2010, 03:24 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
do they still have "Thunder From Down Under?"

Old 08-06-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
I think it was the "Quick Money" quote. When most people hear "quick money" you dont think of a job.

when i used "quick money" i was reffering to tips u make as bartender or waitress cause i heard some girls could walk out a night with lots of tips (500$ and more) ...for me thats quick money !

Old 08-06-2010, 04:48 PM

7 posts, read 12,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathxo View Post
hi there,

im a 20 year old female (turning 21 in 2months) and i would like to have some opinions about moving to vegas, here is my situation :

i live in canada (american citizen also) and my boyfriend lives in vegas, we are long distance for about 1 year now. Obviously we would love to finally live together, start a life together.. and since its complicated for him to come in canada (jobs, imigration papers ect..) we were talking about me moving in vegas. My boyfriend says he can find me a job no problem in club / bars industry since he works there for few years now and that for a young female...its much more easier to find a job. Is there anyone who could tell me how is it going in this industry and my main question is : can we really make great money out of it quickly ?

I love vegas, have been there every month (not on the strip) to see my boyfriend for 1 year and yes i already know how hot summer can be !
you are typical vegas person, as you are looking to make "quick money".

Move here. You will fit in fine.

And if you have no education, the better. This town could care less about that!

good luck!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas