Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 05:46 AM

83 posts, read 179,419 times

Advertisements

Good luck with new agent hope they will take you to see the property both outside and in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 09:53 AM

56 posts, read 118,785 times
Butterflygirl,
I strongly recommend you stick to your guns and NOT bid on a house without seeing it. One of the houses that I was looking at had all of the appliances stolen. The pictures on the web show all of the appliances still there. My realtor said that she was going to make sure they updated the pictures but it has been three months and the pictures are still not updated. It has been my experience that the pictures on the web do not give an accurate image of the house.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:30 AM

157 posts, read 276,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz789 View Post
Butterflygirl,
I strongly recommend you stick to your guns and NOT bid on a house without seeing it. One of the houses that I was looking at had all of the appliances stolen. The pictures on the web show all of the appliances still there. My realtor said that she was going to make sure they updated the pictures but it has been three months and the pictures are still not updated. It has been my experience that the pictures on the web do not give an accurate image of the house.
I have voided the contract and am now trying to regroup so yes, I have stuck by my guns on this issue for now anyway. I certainly agree about the online photo galleries not necessarily showing what's currently there when you get in to see the house. Some properties have been on the market for months so you know it isn't going to look like it did 3 mos ago or whatever the scenario is. They should update the photo galleries but of course we know they don't....

About making offers on homes before seeing inside, it's one technique that might work for SOME buyers, just not for me. Although I'm not even sure just who it might be good for.....probably only a buyer who is extremely familiar with neighborhoods, etc. Again to clarify, the concept apparently was to make offers from exteriors only, find out which one is really a possible in terms of other offers or the situation on the house, and THEN go back and look inside thus making it more of a realistic possible that would be successful transaction. I want to make clear that the agent didn't advise me to BUY anything I hadn't seen inside. As we know, there's many buyers out here now who are heartbroken because they spend time touring homes, fall in love with the home, make an offer, and there's already no hope or another home elsewhere they could have offered on is already gone. Nevertheless, I still can't wrap my mind around the "offer before seeing" concept. For me it just doesn't work at this early stage.

Has anyone else encountered a RE company who advised working this way? Is this common? I just feel it does a major disservice to any buyer. Particularly someone from out of town who needs to get that "feel" for the homes in their price range. I truly don't believe this technique is designed with the buyer in mind at all, even though it's presented in that light. Supposedly to increase the chances of getting something rather than losing every deal. Maybe down the line I'll see the logic in this, but at an early stage of my looking, I do not. Plus, why weren't they at least willing to show me the top 10 I had pulled from MLS myself? Things I personally liked? True, those deals might already be gone, but at least I'd start to get my bearings. So, gigantic waste of my time thus far which has really disappointed me to say the least.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:47 PM

317 posts, read 1,003,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflybird View Post
I have voided the contract and am now trying to regroup
... True, those deals might already be gone, but at least I'd start to get my bearings. So, gigantic waste of my time thus far which has really disappointed me to say the least.

Yes, wrong realtor is big waste of the time....
How are you doing ?

Old 08-10-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natali :) View Post
Yes, wrong realtor is big waste of the time....
How are you doing ?
Not doing good....haven't heard back from previous agent I had been in touch with, have yet to see inside ONE SINGLE HOME. Unreal. I'm a cash buyer, ready to look, and if somebody had told me before I came out here I'd have spent the entire time doing precisely NOTHING, I would never have believed it. I hope this turns around, but if not, the trip out has been a total waste.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Not doing good....haven't heard back from previous agent I had been in touch with, have yet to see inside ONE SINGLE HOME. Unreal. I'm a cash buyer, ready to look, and if somebody had told me before I came out here I'd have spent the entire time doing precisely NOTHING, I would never have believed it. I hope this turns around, but if not, the trip out has been a total waste.
Get a new realtor.

there is several good agent here : olecapt and "007 license to sell"

Old 08-10-2010, 07:19 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,836,437 times
One realtor even offered to take you out the next day.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
One realtor even offered to take you out the next day.
I've made contact with another realtor who was recommended on this forum so I feel comfortable with that and see what happens. It's obvious to me that this is a lot more complex and difficult than I thought it would be. I'm watching and waiting to see what is really going on with these problems and issues with realtors. At this point, I'm taking it step by step. But I appreciate the advice and offers. Time will tell.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
I've made contact with another realtor who was recommended on this forum so I feel comfortable with that and see what happens. Time will tell.
So, what time tell ?

Old 08-14-2010, 07:58 AM

83 posts, read 179,419 times
Hope you finally got to look at some properties. Hers hoping you found one you like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas