Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 08:23 PM

848 posts, read 1,723,772 times

Advertisements

^^^Hehehe I work for a company based in CA who owns Flexible Stay Monthly apartments in Vegas and our occupancy is a little over 90%. Its an all inclusive apt complex. Our residents complain a lot about dropped channels and bad reception back when we were still with satellite so mgmt switched to cable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 09:51 AM

113 posts, read 306,129 times
Default Direct TV

Direct TV is the way to go for football and baseball,no doubt,but their equipment is junk.They give you all reman DVR units that have many problems,just google direct tv DVR problems and you will see. I am on my second in 6 months and it is starting to forget to record things and it refused to record last night so direct tv had me reformat the hard drive,lost everything I had recorded.The customer service rep acts like its no big deal to reformat,meanwhile I missed most of the game last night and lost everything else I had recorded.I have been with them for about 12 years,they used to have stellar customer service,now they could care less.If you just get their receiver without DVR you should be ok,and pray you never need service.......

Old 08-12-2010, 05:38 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,242,871 times
Cox for a hassle free, contract free, hassle free experience.

Satellite if you want sports and more eclectic programming.

Both are waaaay overpriced for what they offer. I chose cable.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:48 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
Cox for a hassle free, contract free, hassle free experience.

Satellite if you want sports and more eclectic programming.

Both are waaaay overpriced for what they offer. I chose cable.
Who offers cable besides COX in Las Vegas?

Old 08-12-2010, 06:13 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,242,871 times
I just didn't want to say that I chose....

Old 08-12-2010, 06:26 PM

901 posts, read 1,898,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac88 View Post
Direct TV is the way to go for football and baseball,no doubt,but their equipment is junk.They give you all reman DVR units that have many problems,just google direct tv DVR problems and you will see. I am on my second in 6 months and it is starting to forget to record things and it refused to record last night so direct tv had me reformat the hard drive,lost everything I had recorded.The customer service rep acts like its no big deal to reformat,meanwhile I missed most of the game last night and lost everything else I had recorded.I have been with them for about 12 years,they used to have stellar customer service,now they could care less.If you just get their receiver without DVR you should be ok,and pray you never need service.......
Very true. I went through three DVRs and about 3 standard receivers over a 4 year period with them. I signed up for their Protection Plan, something I normally don't do, mainly because I knew my dish would get nailed by the wind and would need realigned from time to time. But I never imagined that I would need to replace the equipment as much as I had to. It saved my bacon several times over. On the other hand, my brother-in-law is still using the same receivers he originally had for 5+ years. Luck of the draw I guess.

FWIW, I don't believe Cox's equipment is much better. I've had to swap one HD receiver and one HD DVR in less than a year.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:15 PM

64 posts, read 180,622 times
Direct tv did say they have new dvr receivers as of 2 months ago but he sounded like a salesman and i don't trust what he was saying.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:10 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
I just didn't want to say that I chose....
Cause JFK woulda jumped on that like a bird on a junebug......

Not ME of cousre....but JFK would.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:29 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
I just wanted everyone to know that Cox is a scam company. Their name suits them well. I called them to set up my apartment, and just to get regular cable (no movie channels) with a DVR box and preferred internet is $137 a month. I had this before a few years back and it was $100 for both. They recently had a huge rate increase.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:35 PM

159 posts, read 359,909 times
Cox.

Was just on the phone with them today. Best customer service so far. He discovered I was paying for an upgraded package I didn't order and went out his way to get to the bottom of it. Ended up getting a refund that covers my bill for this month and the next month.

So yeah, I'm biased. Cox for sure. Basic internet has been fast and reliable, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas