U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2010, 11:37 AM

5 posts, read 16,134 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I'm 25 years old and I reside in Michigan as of right now but am moving out to Vegas area in November. I've been out there plenty of times, 1 time of which I lived out in Boulder City, NV for 4 months which was nice but I got a different opportunity in Michigan which has now dried up. I have been looking at apartments, most of which are in Henderson.

Here is the list of apartments...if you have any info (bad area, close/far away from things, senior community, etc) on these apts please share...

Tropicana Royale - 1900 East Tropicana Avenue, Las Vegas
Broadstone Agave - 2001 Ramrod Avenue, Henderson
Galleria Palms - 625 Whitney Ranch, Henderson
Crescent Ridge - 375 Conestoga Way, Henderson
Bay Breeze - 3125 West Warm Springs Road, Henderson
Wildhorse Estates at Green Valley - 2362 North Green Valley Parkway
Terracina
Horizon Pines

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 01:05 PM

92 posts, read 172,750 times
Tropicana Royale is pretty sketchy--I drive by all the time and it looks old and rundown, and not a great area. I thought Horizon Pines was a seniors only complex (I also drive past that one a lot), but maybe I'm thinking of something else. There's a complex on the corner of Horizon and Green Valley that's pretty nice, but that one is called Horizon Ridge. My daughter had a friend who lived there and she said it was nice and it's in a nice location. Teracina, I think has income restrictions. Wildhorse Estates is in a nice location, but it's a pretty huge complex and it gives me a bad vibe--not sure why. I went to a baby shower at Galleria Palms a few months ago--it seemed pretty nice and I think the apartments come with garages. It's in a very handy location right next to Galleria Mall. I looked at Broadstone Agave when we first moved here. Can't remember much about it except the living room/kitchen layout was awkward--the living room is kind of a triangle if I remember right.
Don't know how much help the above is, but I thought I'd share what I do know about some of these.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:48 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,208,990 times
I live very close to Wildhorse Estates and even took a tour. It is very close to the house I am living in currently but like the previous poster it gave me a bad vibe as well. Henderson in general is pretty safe. The real problem lies in determining how genuine the management is and what type of people they are allowing into the apartments. Apartmentratings.com offers a little insight although it all has to be taken with a grain of salt. I say this because people who have good experiences usually don't go on there to post.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:12 PM

5 posts, read 16,134 times
Thanks guys, that helps a lot. I wonder why Wildhorse Estates gave both of u a bad vibe, was it the management?

GailMI are you from Michigan?

Old 08-11-2010, 08:03 PM

108 posts, read 294,072 times
Stay away from Tropicana Royale its in central Las Vegas and area is not good at all. I have been to Galleria Palms and its a nice place and in good area.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:46 PM

92 posts, read 172,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoe9 View Post
Thanks guys, that helps a lot. I wonder why Wildhorse Estates gave both of u a bad vibe, was it the management?

GailMI are you from Michigan?
Yes, I am. I should change my name--been here almost three years now. As for Wildhorse Estates, it just doesn't have a nice look to it. Also, I think I remember hearing somebody at some point saying negative things about it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas