Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 05:09 PM

55 posts, read 80,487 times

Advertisements

I have been lurking here for the past few months (with a few posts thrown in) trying to find info on areas in Vegas that have a good reputation. We have narrowed it down to the Summerlin/Spring Valley area. Also have 2 or 3 choices in the Green Valley/Henderson area.

I was wondering if anyone can give any feedback on the following (either complex or area). I apologize for the long list, but we want to make sure we are thorough and have a set list for when we come out next month to visit the complexes.

Vintage at the Lakes (W. Sahara Ave)
Crystal Cove (Sky Country Lane)
Falling Water (North Town Center Drive)
Canyon Villas (South Town Center Drive)
The Mariner at South Shores (North Buffalo Drive)
San Moritz (W. Washington Ave)
Cantera and Covington (S. Rainbow Blvd.)
Quest (Quest Park St)
Paramount (S. Maryland Parkway)
Pacific Islands (N. Green Valley Parkway)
Viviani (W. Russell Rd)
Acerno Villas (Maule Ave)
St Clair (Fort Apache Road)
The Boulder at Lone Mountain (N. Hualapai Way)
Galleria Palms (Whitney Ranch Road)

We also found a few homes/condos for rent in the following area codes and were looking for feedback about the area:

Again, I apologize for the long list, but any help would be greatly appreciated. You guys are so full of information that you have helped me more than you know already!!

Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 05:21 PM

366 posts, read 1,212,847 times
Add 89139 to that list

Old 08-13-2010, 08:58 PM

458 posts, read 1,670,927 times
We lived at Pacific Islands for about 7 months last year. It was nice. They are older (built in 95 ish?), but nice. The pool is awesome, and they are very good about getting people out to do repairs promptly. That said, we did have to have someone out to do repairs a few times thanks to the age of the apartments. They are excellent about coming and spraying for bugs.

We had a good experience there. I WAS kind of irritated when we moved in and found that the appliances were old. In the model we were shown they were new and great looking. Inside the actual units they are old. Still working, and if it breaks they will fix it, but it still bothered me. I felt a little bit like we got the bait and switch in that department.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:17 AM

112 posts, read 224,793 times
Have a friend who lived at San Mortiz and loved it. I thought it was a very nice property for the price. Well maintained. Closets were HUGE in the two bedroom. Friend said management was easy to deal with.

Have a friend who lives at Canyon Villas and is very happy there. She has a two bedroom, says its quiet, and a lot of professional types are in her building.

Can not recommend the Mariner.
Did a 6 month lease there last year prior to buying a house. Lots of crime, crappy management, and black mold. One neighbor's closet was filled with it, and management wasn't too concerned. I found it in my closet and bathroom when doing my final cleaning prior to moving out, reported it, and they could have cared less.

One neighbor's car would blow oil on vehicles parked beside it when started. Had a terrible mess on ours one morning; reported it to management and they could care less.

Neighbor's tires were stolen from her car. Yes, all 4 tires.

Everyone in town knows the gate code. Gate gets "run" frequently. Rowdy groups in the parking lot.

They charge $35 a month for water.

I had to do a month-to-month for one month while waiting for the house sale to go through. That was an extra $125 dollars on top of the rent.

I could go on forever... All of the people I met while living there moved out ASAP, one of those being the friend who moved to San Moritz.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:20 AM

112 posts, read 224,793 times
Forgot to add... I love 89149. Great area!

Old 08-14-2010, 01:42 PM

157 posts, read 277,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamping View Post
Have a friend who lived at San Mortiz and loved it. I thought it was a very nice property for the price. Well maintained. Closets were HUGE in the two bedroom. Friend said management was easy to deal with.

Have a friend who lives at Canyon Villas and is very happy there. She has a two bedroom, says its quiet, and a lot of professional types are in her building.

Can not recommend the Mariner.
Did a 6 month lease there last year prior to buying a house. Lots of crime, crappy management, and black mold. One neighbor's closet was filled with it, and management wasn't too concerned. I found it in my closet and bathroom when doing my final cleaning prior to moving out, reported it, and they could have cared less.

One neighbor's car would blow oil on vehicles parked beside it when started. Had a terrible mess on ours one morning; reported it to management and they could care less.

Neighbor's tires were stolen from her car. Yes, all 4 tires.

Everyone in town knows the gate code. Gate gets "run" frequently. Rowdy groups in the parking lot.

They charge $35 a month for water.

I had to do a month-to-month for one month while waiting for the house sale to go through. That was an extra $125 dollars on top of the rent.

I could go on forever... All of the people I met while living there moved out ASAP, one of those being the friend who moved to San Moritz.
For anyone waiting for a house sale to go through and only need a place for a month or two, if you can, don't rent an apartment if not absolutely necessary. . There's plenty of fairly nice and inexpensive corporate condos in town avaialble for monthly rates, so always keep those in mind. They pay utilities, etc. Just check around online, cheaper than a daily room rate for a hotel or extended stay place in some cases, gated, pools, etc. Of course, if you have a lot of stuff and you've sold your other house and moved out, i can understand why you need an apartment to store your stuff. Might be a better deal to rent a storage unit locked up safe and sound for a month or two rather than moving into an apartment that you might end up moving out of in a month when your house finalizes or if you have to move out of the apt. due to lots of problems..... Sorry to hear your bad experiences at that one place...ugh ;

Old 08-20-2010, 06:52 PM

Okay...so we know of a friend who has a condo for us (if we want it) in 89123. Can anyone tell us anything about this area? We know it is about 15 minutes to strip which is a little closer than we wanted to be but that is fine. We would just like to know about the area that it is in.
Any thoughts/advice would be a big help!!

Thanks!

Old 08-20-2010, 07:42 PM

366 posts, read 1,212,847 times
Great area....Lives there for 2 years. No complaints.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe3788 View Post
Great area....Lives there for 2 years. No complaints.
Thanks!!! Are there stores nearby? Grocery, Target, Walmart, Lowes etc? Restaurants? Is it a safe neighborhood? Sorry for all the questions..but we are looking to make our decision relatively soon!!!

Thanks again for all your help!!

Old 08-20-2010, 11:36 PM

54 posts, read 121,804 times
89123 is in very close proximity to Eastern Ave - which is lined with stores. You name it, they've probably got it. Yeap, they have a Walmart Supercenter, a Lowe's and a huge Target. Sam's Club. A LOT of good restaurants. I have a favorite - Island Sushi and Grill. Unfortunately it's almost 20mi away from where we live. We go there once in a while to visit my uncle. Starts along Serene/Eastern going south. They also have a Nordstrom's Rack there!

I kinda like the area... maybe even more than Summerlin, I think. Probably because there a lot more stores/restaurants concentrated in one area. It's also near the hospital where I'd like to work at once I graduate and get my license (good luck to me). Too bad my mom thinks it's way too hot over there ("not enough trees" - uhh... we're in the desert!) and didn't like the houses we looked at.

Last edited by maharlika; 08-21-2010 at 12:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas