Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 01:21 PM

112 posts, read 262,165 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
I need to know what court or to whom I can speak in order to get my former tax preparer to do her d*mn job. Here is the situation (believe me, it is MUCH more involved than what I am posting but in short.......) I needed to get my 2008 taxes done, so in Feb. 2009, I asked a friend if he knew or heard of anyone out here that doeas a good job. He referred me to the lady that was his school's treasurer. I thought, "treasurer, I guess she knows her stuff" I called her and the first question I asked her was if she was familiar with New York State tax laws. She assured me she was, as she too is from the east coast (not NY, just the east coast) YaY.....I was on my way. She seemed very professional and her office was crowded so I thought she knew her stuff and had a good year to year following.

My Federal taxes needed ammending, which she handled very quickly. In September 2009, NYS Taxation and Finance sent me a letter telling me the my IT360.1, which is a change of city residence form, was either missing or incomplete. They told me that a few things needed to be sent in in order to prove I was now a resident of Nevada. I sent my part and have confirmed with NYS that it was recieved. I am STILL waiting for her to do her part.

This year she did do an ammendment and it was allegedly mailed to NYS on April 30th. The folks in NYS Department of Protest and Resolution informs clients that it take 30 days in order for paperwork sent in to be in their system, armed with this info, I waited until June 28th to call them to find out my status. Needless to say, they did not recieve it. At this point I am BEYOND pissed. I called my inept preparer to tell her that I am STILL waiting and she assures me that it was sent (not by her but by her baby daddy) smh. She told me that she would look over my file and send the documents needed via certified mail and this time be able to show me the proof that it was both sent and received. She goes on to say that at this point she was having pains (due to pregnancy) and was definately going to the office anyway because she wanted to make certain that she had tied all loose ends before giving birth. I hoped one of those ends would be my ongoing loose end but to no avail. I called the office the next day and spoke with her baby daddy to remind him (all humans forget) to send it. He did not and said he would then. I waited a few days and called her at which time she told me that she had the baby and wouldn't be in her office for a while. I asked about her competent office worker and she told me he had a cold and wouldn't be in either.

Finally, after about 2 weeks, I called her office and spoke to her baby daddy. He told me I could come in and pick up the long awaited 360.1. He also told me that he had faxd it. I asked if he recieved a confirmation of receipt and he said, "yes" GREAT, I get to the office, he hands me the 2 page form, I ask for the confirmation of receipt, he tells me he cannot give it to me because he faxed it via e fax and the internet was down. I thought, "no problem, I have it now and will fax it ALL again and send it via certified mail again.

I call NYS yesterday,August 18 and spoke to someone. I was told that they did receive the form and it was BLANK. I get my file out and to my suprise......it was blank, all number 1-53. (I was soooooo happy to finally have it in my hands I didn't even look at it.) I call him again at that point to inform him and he said, " I will call her and she will call you immediately" never did. I call today August 19th and he tells me that all he can do is relay the message to her but that is it. We converse for a short while and I let him know of my dissatisfaction on thie whole fiasco. I also call him on how he could fax something blank. He told me that he doesn't know anything about these forms and just faxed it because he was told to do so. I am left wondering why someone that is working AND handeling something so sensitive as tax papers doesn't know anything about them. He promised me that he himself will call me back before the close of business today. Now I sit and wait. They do not open the office on Fridays.

Thank you for reading this long azz post and if anybody knows of any thing I can do ie: court to get her to take me seriously, PLEASE let me know. ALL of this for 1 da*n short form to be filled out. The place is located on 6th street downtown. I hope no one goes there.

Again, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 01:29 PM

1,631 posts, read 3,946,999 times
Hire a new tax preparer a CPA not just an accountant or you could be in big trouble.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:29 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,143,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bx2bk2lv View Post
Hello everyone,
I need to know what court or to . The place is located on 6th street downtown. I hope no one goes there.
snip
Again, thank you.
Go get your file and go elsewhere quick. I doubt you have any money at risk but there is very high hassle potential. So go find a good preparer and get it fixed.

I doubt very much that there is any useful place to complain over a NV tax preparer screwing up an NY return...That just is not going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas