Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 12:37 AM

1,067 posts, read 2,978,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Relax. I'm not passing judgment on you. I'm plainly saying I glanced at your book of a post and for some reason that sentence stood out.
Oh, I see. Good to know. Not exactly the first impression your statement was begging there. If you're able, you may want to consider how something like that may be interpreted, or be ready for the hostile response you'll elicit with haphazard remarks. That was so prone to be misconstrued, I'm only half buying your attempt at diffusion, but I've got better things to do than displace some spite from my conscience on petty incidents, so no more hostility harbored here on that front.

While it felt good to include that burden in my partial concession on a practically anonymous medium, I realize after the feeling your post gave me that this probably isn't the medium for stuff with that much introspective agitation permanently attached to it. So you taught me something.

As for the length of my post, I have many reasons to be thankful that some people still prefer books to soundbites. So long as I'm not actually trying to win an election, recruit a following, sell a product, or influence an official decision, I gotta say I have a lot more fun composing with an embellished (verbose often, sure) style. Some people enjoy reading it, others don't. Sometimes a critic gets vocal as though an opinion should make me stop doing what I enjoy, and that's why I'm pretty happily accustomed to the majority of readers ignoring my posts. Other times I get a stimulating conversation from people who have long-winded takes and tangents of their own. And sometimes I'd rather just toss in a sentence or two, read a sentence or three, and ignore posts like mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 12:46 PM

207 posts, read 509,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetrogradeMotion View Post
Hey everybody, I really need help. I was driving home today and got into an accident, some guy without plates cut off a car in front of me, who slammed his breaks, I slammed mine. He stopped and I skidded right into him. The guy who caused the accident took off. Now I got stuck with the ticket from the Metro and an accident on my record. I don't know what to do - should I call a lawyer? I wasn't speeding or doing anything wrong - just at the wrong place at the wrong time and I really can't afford an insurance hike right now - I am going back to school in September. Any help or advice would be REALLY appreciated.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

I'm not sure there is anything you can do. Unfortunately you are considered at fault.

This may not be your case, but this very scenario is used for insurance fraud all the time, and it may be that the person you hit was actually working with that car with no plates. Knowing you would be at fault and your insurance would have to pay out this is a commonly 'staged' scenario. You can read this article for more information: Guest Post: Examples Of Car Insurance Fraud That Can Raise Your Rates | Personal Finance Corner

The 3rd person without plates gives the person you hit a free pass for their actions (slamming on the brakes) I feel for you, but you probably just need to deal with it and move on. There is very little constructive action you can take other than to learn from the experience and try to us a two second following distance. As the car in front of you passes a stationary object count 'one one thousand two one thousand'. You should not reach that same object before the two seconds. Using a count compensates for whatever speed you're traveling (it will be a longer distance at higher speeds).

Sorry for your experience, it really stinks to be involved in any accident.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:18 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,438 times
I've been seeing a lot of people with no plates driving around. Really annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas