Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 05:31 PM

55 posts, read 80,489 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anyone knows of any Yankees bars in Vegas? I have seen some bars that cater to different teams and it would be great to go to a place for a bite to eat and a beer to catch the game in a cool place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 07:11 PM

Nothing? Damn...I thought there might be someplace like this around since I have heard that many people from the East coast migrate to Vegas.

Hmm....maybe I should open one!!

Old 09-04-2010, 10:08 AM

33 posts, read 118,435 times
Default I'm in

Let's take one over! I need it to be in SE to keep cab fare to a minimum, especially if Burnett's pitching cause then I'll be drinking heavily.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:31 PM

LOL!!! Ain't that the truth...Between Burnett and Joba they drive me straight to drink!!

Old 09-04-2010, 09:06 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Let's Go Mets!

Old 09-05-2010, 02:52 AM

53 posts, read 99,739 times
if u build it, i will come. i bought MLB.TV when i moved here to substitute for YES network but the fact that there's such a wide range of black out games to users in vegas puts a real damper on the watchin games at home party

Old 09-05-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan41cn View Post
if u build it, i will come. i bought MLB.TV when i moved here to substitute for YES network but the fact that there's such a wide range of black out games to users in vegas puts a real damper on the watchin games at home party
That's my worry when we move next month. I already told hubby we definitely have to get baseball package next year cause there is NO way I am gonna miss my Yanks! And we love to stay home with a cooler of beer and a pizza. Better and cheaper than going out.
How many games would you say get blacked out in Vegas? Alot???

Old 09-05-2010, 02:41 PM

53 posts, read 99,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseykatt View Post
That's my worry when we move next month. I already told hubby we definitely have to get baseball package next year cause there is NO way I am gonna miss my Yanks! And we love to stay home with a cooler of beer and a pizza. Better and cheaper than going out.
eh its actually not terrible.. any dbacks, a's, padres, dodgers or angels game gets blacked out. I had originally assumed that the games would only be blacked out if they were playing those teams at their home stadiums, but it doesn't make a difference apparently (every A's game this past week was unavailable - including the one they played that was on ESPN). This all holds true for the mlb.tv package online but if you have directv i believe there's a package option where you can order YES and then you should be fine

Old 09-05-2010, 05:31 PM

Default When one station blacks out, another lights up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseykatt View Post
When the MLB Extra Innings pkg blacks out a Yanks game here, it's because it's on one of the regional sports stations. When the A's games were blacked out, I found them on a Comcast Sports Western affiliate. As long as you get the local sports programming pkg from your TV service provider, you should be fine. That's not a premium service for me.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan41cn View Post
eh its actually not terrible.. any dbacks, a's, padres, dodgers or angels game gets blacked out. I had originally assumed that the games would only be blacked out if they were playing those teams at their home stadiums, but it doesn't make a difference apparently (every A's game this past week was unavailable - including the one they played that was on ESPN). This all holds true for the mlb.tv package online but if you have directv i believe there's a package option where you can order YES and then you should be fine
Sadly, YES blacks out it's games if you're not in the NY market. Even if you get the sports package it will be blacked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas