Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 06:56 PM

654 posts, read 1,322,371 times

Advertisements

I've heard great things about Michael's & Pamplemousse looks nice, but can either one be done for $35 (OP's number)?

Looks like $38 minimum at Pamplemousse before drinks/tax/tip/etc. My guess would be $50+; OP's looking for $35.

As many great things as I've heard about Michael's, I'd doubt $35 is getting it done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 07:11 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdreloc View Post
So, everyone agrees that for $35 I could not go to a restaurant in Las Vegas and have a large meal consisting of appetizer, main course, soda/coffee and a fancy dessert that would be better quality than the quality of buffet food at Wynn or Bellagio?
I am of the opinion that there are a number of restaurants where you can get a very good meal in Las Vegas for under $15. I have done it on a number of occasions throughout the area, usually off-strip.

Having said that, I think that you would be hard pressed to get a better meal than the Bellagio buffet for $35. They have such a great selection of very well-prepared upscale items combined with first-class service.

To answer your question, NO.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:05 PM

422 posts, read 1,084,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadobb View Post
I've heard great things about Michael's & Pamplemousse looks nice, but can either one be done for $35 (OP's number)?

Looks like $38 minimum at Pamplemousse before drinks/tax/tip/etc. My guess would be $50+; OP's looking for $35.

As many great things as I've heard about Michael's, I'd doubt $35 is getting it done.
If money is tight, you're not going to enjoy Michael's.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:38 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
Here's an idea. Google each restaurant that looks promising and you should find their menus on the net. Or Google the hotels, and that will lead you to their restaurants, which will lead you to the menus.

Old 09-03-2010, 04:00 AM

848 posts, read 1,723,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadobb View Post

I used to work for Georges LaForge of Pamplemousse although I worked at his other restaurant Savoia, now closed. It is in the same complex as Rumors, a matter of fact Savoia (Northern Italian/Southern French Cuisine) was the restaurant for St. Tropez, St. Tropez is now gone and in its place Rumors Boutique Hotel owned by the Siegle group.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:40 AM

399 posts, read 1,025,908 times
I just tried the buffet at Wynn and it was good, but not as good as I expected for the price. I remember being more impressed with Bellagio and even the Mirage buffet. I heard someone in line say the Bellagio has been rated as the best buffet in the world. I will probably go back there next time.

Too many items in the Wynn buffet were not hot and the dessert selection was weak and limited. No slices of cake or New York cheesecake.

I really feel I could have spent the $43 after tax and tip at a restaurant and had a more enjoyable meal.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:33 AM

422 posts, read 1,084,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdreloc View Post
I just tried the buffet at Wynn and it was good, but not as good as I expected for the price. I remember being more impressed with Bellagio and even the Mirage buffet. I heard someone in line say the Bellagio has been rated as the best buffet in the world. I will probably go back there next time.

Too many items in the Wynn buffet were not hot and the dessert selection was weak and limited. No slices of cake or New York cheesecake.

I really feel I could have spent the $43 after tax and tip at a restaurant and had a more enjoyable meal.
I'm out! Sweetness is my weakness. I don't know of a buffet that had better pastries than the Rio, when it first opened. The M has good pastries and they're the original owner of the Rio.

Old 09-18-2010, 12:11 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,624,896 times
I've eaten at the Bellagio Buffet($35+tax) and Planet Hollywood Buffet(~$25+tax)

I do not believe you can get app + dinner + drink + dessert + tax + tip and get out for under $40 anywhere that has food quality as good as the Bellagio Buffet. You MIGHT be able to do it at Mon Ami Gabi, across the street at Paris, and while the patio atmosphere in the early evening is nicer, the food quality is not the same.

Basically at the Bellagio Buffet you can get crab legs that are very delicious, as well as a variety of other sort of exotic stuff that is not commonly on menus, and all of it is prepared well. You do not get the impression that you are eating buffet items.

The reason I mention the Planet Hollywood buffet is because it is also very good. Not as good as Bellagio and Wynn(I'd imagine), but much better than any other buffet priced at $18-25. Better than Rio, better than Mirage, better than Mandalay Bay, better than GVR, etc. Also very good crab legs, good seafood selection, several stations of food, great deserts. I've been told by some friends that they did not like Bellagio Buffet because its food they would never normally eat. They are plain eaters and simply aren't adventurous. But everyone loved the Planet Hollywood buffet.

Old 09-18-2010, 12:41 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoVegas View Post
good thread...ive now lived in beautiful las vegas for a little over a year now so i guess that qualifies me as a 'local' even though i never wanna be associated with most of the people i run into here lol...as to the buffets...
Hate to break it to you but you're definitely not a local yet. Also, where are you meeting the locals because the locals I know are pretty decent.

I'm not a fan of buffets. Something about people stuffing their faces and numerous people hovering over the food, turns me off. I would rather go to a restaurant any day.

Last edited by lyra33; 09-18-2010 at 12:49 PM..

Old 09-18-2010, 11:32 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,835,450 times
What does it take to become a local?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas