Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 09:03 PM

399 posts, read 1,025,908 times

Advertisements

How do they compare? They seem similar in many ways except I read some posts saying Aliante is too far east and it's better to be further west.

I'm going to look at condos at Sky Pointe and Terrasini and they seem alike except being in different neighborhoods.

I have a car, but would love to be able to one day get rid of it and maybe just rent a car a couple days per month for errands not practical without a car and use public transportation and a taxi otherwise.
I tried finding routes to some places like libraries and despite only being a few miles to the east or west, it was a very long bus ride going far out of the way and involving transfers because the bus routes mostly only go north and south. Looks hard to go east and west without a car.
As far as walkability, it looks like Aliante has more going on within walking distance of the condos, but Centennial hills has the SilverStar ride program to get around the neighborhood a couple days per week without driving.

Is there a stigma of having a North Las Vegas vs Las Vegas mailing address due to the whole "Northtown" image?

Last edited by sdreloc; 09-02-2010 at 09:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 09:15 PM

932 posts, read 2,346,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdreloc View Post
Is there a stigma of having a North Las Vegas vs Las Vegas mailing address due to the whole "Northtown" image?
That might have been a valid concern at one time, but no more, in my opinion. Some areas of NLV are exceptionally nice, as I suspect you've already found out.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:21 PM

399 posts, read 1,025,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owelles View Post
That might have been a valid concern at one time, but no more, in my opinion. Some areas of NLV are exceptionally nice, as I suspect you've already found out.
I expect Aliante and Centennial Hills to be quite nice, but I wonder about the image "North Las Vegas" has as a whole. Only people familiar with specific zip codes could tell one North Las Vegas address from another.
"Oh, you live in 'North' Las Vegas?"

Old 09-02-2010, 10:22 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
I expect Aliante and Centennial Hills to be quite nice, but I wonder about the image "North Las Vegas" has as a whole. Only people familiar with specific zip codes could tell one North Las Vegas address from another.
"Oh, you live in 'North' Las Vegas?"
Move to a hovel in Summerlin. You will be happier.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:35 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
#1 Summerlin
#2 Centennial Hills
#3 Aliante

Aliante is a nice place to live, but I would rank it third after Summerlin and Centennial Hills. Check out the condos near Town Center in Summerlin. Although Aliante is technically in North Las Vegas (Decatur is the dividing line), you are on the edge and not anywhere near the bad part of North Las Vegas.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:56 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:
How do they compare? They seem similar in many ways except I read some posts saying Aliante is too far east and it's better to be further west.

I'm going to look at condos at Sky Pointe and Terrasini and they seem alike except being in different neighborhoods.

I have a car, but would love to be able to one day get rid of it and maybe just rent a car a couple days per month for errands not practical without a car and use public transportation and a taxi otherwise.
I tried finding routes to some places like libraries and despite only being a few miles to the east or west, it was a very long bus ride going far out of the way and involving transfers because the bus routes mostly only go north and south. Looks hard to go east and west without a car.
As far as walkability, it looks like Aliante has more going on within walking distance of the condos, but Centennial hills has the SilverStar ride program to get around the neighborhood a couple days per week without driving.

I live in CH and love it. My address is Las Vegas, not North Las Vegas. The only stigma I ever hear is the CH is soooo far. I don't get it, it only takes us 30 mins or less to get to the Strip, which is great for us...but we are used to driving that just to get to a highway in MI and then another 40 mins to downtown.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:59 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
I live in CH and love it. My address is Las Vegas, not North Las Vegas. The only stigma I ever hear is the CH is soooo far. I don't get it, it only takes us 30 mins or less to get to the Strip, which is great for us...but we are used to driving that just to get to a highway in MI and then another 40 mins to downtown.
I live in Centennial Hills but I live near the 95 so I can literally get to the Strip in 20 minutes on a good day. I really do like living here. Summerlin is just prettier and has better landscaping.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:37 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Aliante is close enough to Centennial hills, and especially Terrasini, which is right on Decatur/215. Close to it all. And close enough to Centennial hills if you want to go there or Summerlin.
I like Aliante, because it's so far north of the bad area's, plus it has just about everything you need out here and now bus service is here after so many years without.
I also like Centennial hills, has a very good reputation. And of course I also really like Summerlin, one of the best reputations, but more expensive than Centennial Hills and Aliante. You are buying the prestige of a name. Plus it is very nice.
If I had my way, I would move back to Utah. Leave Las Vegas behind.

Old 09-03-2010, 04:06 AM

848 posts, read 1,723,772 times
One is near Summerlin, Red Rock Resort, Red Rock Canyon while the other is near Apex Dumpsite, Pig Farm and Republic Service Garbage Compound. Easy choice for me but I won't mention which is which.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:13 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Quote:

There is no "stigma". But it all depends who you are talking to. I live in North Las Vegas(Aliante) but I never say "North Las Vegas". I tell people that I live in aliante. Most people dont even have any idea what or where that is. Then I say Northern part of the 215, or near Aliante Station, or North Ducatur Blvd, or WAY north of the North Vegas Airport. (people hardly know about this either).

But I hardly ever say "I live in North Vegas". Its just too broad.

Last time I mentioned "North Vegas" someone thought I was refering to the area near the Stratosphere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas