Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 07:56 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,989,097 times

Advertisements

where is the best and most affordable place to park on the airport grounds... need it for 5 days....

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 09:59 PM

508 posts, read 1,021,994 times
there is an economy parking and they have a shuttle to and from the airport... i believe its about 6 dollars per day its very easy to find there are signs to it.

even parking in the log term is not bad about 14 dollars per day and that is just right out the glass doors for when you come back.

just FYI there is all the parking options for McCarran http://www.mccarran.com/03_index.aspx

and here is for the economy parking specifically. http://www.mccarran.com/GroundTransp..._Remote_B.aspx

Old 09-06-2010, 10:16 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,863,648 times
I regularly park in the economy lot -- $8/day -- the shuttle delivers you to (and on your return pics you up from) "Level 0" just outside baggage claim (which, itself, is on "Level 1"). It is convenient & reliable.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:26 AM

654 posts, read 1,322,713 times
Airics, I know you asked for parking on the airport grounds, so this is just an extra option in case you're open to it ... listing it here cuz I'm sure some others will use it at some point.

This July, when I was traveling through the Midwest (mostly Chicago & Milwaukee), my girlfriend flew out to visit for a few days (I think 5). Her normal options (friends dropoff/pickup) wouldn't work, so she parked at the RTC's South Strip transfer terminal. They've added about 100 parking spots so she had no trouble finding one; parking was free & all it cost her was a $2 bus ride (about 10 minutes) to & from the airport. Saved her about $40 vs parking in the economy lot (think it was like 5 1/2 days). She seemed very happy with it. More info here ...

Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) | Transit Center and Park & Ride Facilities (http://www.rtcsouthernnevada.com/transit/terminals.cfm - broken link)

Old 09-07-2010, 03:09 AM

422 posts, read 1,084,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadobb View Post
Airics, I know you asked for parking on the airport grounds, so this is just an extra option in case you're open to it ... listing it here cuz I'm sure some others will use it at some point.

This July, when I was traveling through the Midwest (mostly Chicago & Milwaukee), my girlfriend flew out to visit for a few days (I think 5). Her normal options (friends dropoff/pickup) wouldn't work, so she parked at the RTC's South Strip transfer terminal. They've added about 100 parking spots so she had no trouble finding one; parking was free & all it cost her was a $2 bus ride (about 10 minutes) to & from the airport. Saved her about $40 vs parking in the economy lot (think it was like 5 1/2 days). She seemed very happy with it. More info here ...

Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) | Transit Center and Park & Ride Facilities (http://www.rtcsouthernnevada.com/transit/terminals.cfm - broken link)
This is a very good, inexpensive option. I use it most of the times, instead of inconveniencing anyone.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:04 AM

932 posts, read 2,347,463 times
Quote:

I recommend this option, too. It can be a hassle if you're carrying a lot of baggage - literally as opposed to figuratively - but other than that it's a definite plus. I've used it on my last two trips with no problems whatsoever. It's on Gilespie, just north of the rental car facility, across the street from the Panevino restaurant (which I also recommend).

Old 09-07-2010, 11:55 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,944,570 times
Quote:

This is what my husband did when he came to MI in July for 5 days. I went back with him and it wasn't bad at all. AND the bus driver put his hand over the toll machine when we tried to pay! Bonus for us. So, he only paid the $2. on the way in. Not sure why he did that but who's askin'? Saved us $38.00!

Old 09-07-2010, 01:24 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,352,317 times
Quote:

Do they have busses that make it easy for you to handle your luggage, or are they regular busses with narrow aisles that make it hard to get on and off with a suitcase, and carry on?

Old 09-07-2010, 01:52 PM

932 posts, read 2,347,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Do they have busses that make it easy for you to handle your luggage, or are they regular busses with narrow aisles that make it hard to get on and off with a suitcase, and carry on?
Regular buses, unfortunately, as the airport is only part of its regular route. If you're by yourself and have two large suitcases, it can be inconvenient. With less luggage than that, it's not an especially big issue.

But for those looking to save more than a few bucks, it's worth it. I'm leaving Friday on a four-day trip, and I'll be using it.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:31 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,352,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owelles View Post
Regular buses, unfortunately, as the airport is only part of its regular route. If you're by yourself and have two large suitcases, it can be inconvenient. With less luggage than that, it's not an especially big issue.

But for those looking to save more than a few bucks, it's worth it. I'm leaving Friday on a four-day trip, and I'll be using it.
I was afraid of that. I guess I'll have to continue inconveniencing my kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas