Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 11:53 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times

Advertisements

Probably the best dog park in town is Barkin Basin at Baskin Park, Alexander and Tenaya. It's best for the dogs because of being so large, but there isn't much shade for the parents. There are benches to sit on though, and most people get in their own exercise by walking around the fence line, as these are pretty large parks. Large breed pups can use the small dog area. I do worry that they use too much weed killer and it's not good for people with noses right above the ground. I suspect that our Lhasa Apso is allergic. He actually collapsed a couple of times after running, but the vet can't find a problem, and he's only done it at that park. And he has had allergic reactions after being there at other times. So keep an eye on your pups at that park.

We'll go to Gowen and Rainbow when we don't have much time. It has plenty of light at night from the sidewalk, although it isn't lit like the parks at Buffalo and Washington. But I don't like it much as it's not only too little, it has high grass where a lot of land mines are hidden, and not everyone picks up after their dogs.

We also go to Woofter Family Park on Rock Springs Dr at Vegas Dr.

There are some doggy day care places that might have a program to give your dog special attention rather than just put her in with all the others. Doggy Day Care at The Lakes has streaming video so you can watch your pup from home on the computer. Some of the Pet Smarts have day care too. I don't think the dogs like it though. They much prefer the dog parks where they can check their pmail, and run free for a while without other dogs bothering them too much. The day care dogs seem to get a little hyper in the enclosures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 12:33 AM

508 posts, read 1,021,994 times
i will check out those parks they sound great. well not so much the first one. well i would have to think about the first one.

I did check into the doggie daycares and those things are more expensive then my son's daycare! seriously i think i missed my calling in life. i want to open a doggie daycare. the owner has to be banking some serious cash. wow... it averaged between 600-800 dollars per month.

*i should note that was for 5 days per week mon - fri.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: