Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 02:58 AM

62 posts, read 458,842 times

Advertisements

Alrighty. I'm looking for a place to do a little marriage proposal while visiting vegas this fall. Here's what I'm looking for:

A place like a balcony or deck with a nice view of the strip.

Preferably a public place (as in so I don't have to reserve the penthouse with a private balcony at the Ballagio..$$$$) but not TOO public (so there won't be a bunch of kids running around, feeding money into one of those .25 cent rental binocular things).

So, a small balcony where I could find some excuse to walk her out to after dinner, with no other people around. Short and sweet, then we're on our way.

Any suggestions? Does this place exist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 04:45 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,377,466 times
Even with the crowds, I'd still do it on the top of the Stratosphere tower- it's not at crowded as you may think, and you're not going to find a better view of the strip anywhere.

Bob

Old 06-30-2007, 09:08 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Bellagio has a couple of places. There is an area right in front of the main entrance that might be suitable. It is up above the lake...wooded and grassy and has a nice view of the strip over the lake.

The terrace at the Voodoo lounge in the Rio has a nice properties though it would have to be in daylight hours. That place is a zoo after dark.

The restaurant at the Eifel Tower in Paris. The terrace at Mon Ami Gabi would also work.

There are a couple of neat overhanging places in TI. You look over the ships to the strip...very Vegas.

Mandalay Bay has a couple of spots. The upper lobby of "The Hotel" might be great. There is also a club up there though I don't know the protocol for access.

And the Stratosphere is also good. Reasonably good food and ride around once and pop the question.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:17 AM

434 posts, read 1,736,976 times
I know this isn't the question you asked but I wouldn't even do it in Vegas. I would pick a place you know is already special to the two of you and make it more so. A place she can pass on occasion and smile... a park where you met...the parking lot where she locked her keys in her car when you had only known her for two weeks but you came and "rescued" her anyway because you're just that nice of a guy... especially someplace she won't know you even remember like the restaurant where you had your fifth date cause that was the date you realized you already loved her...

Just me but I'm a hopeless romantic and that is what I would want. Vegas ANYWHERE seems a little cheesy to me. Good Luck!!!

Old 06-30-2007, 09:40 AM

201 posts, read 964,279 times
All good suggestions above. I'd add various locations at The Venetian. Rialto Bridge out front, the balcony off the second level, or either the outdoor or indoor canals via gondala...although a bit cliche on that one.

I kinda agree more with clawson above though.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejl127 View Post
All good suggestions above. I'd add various locations at The Venetian. Rialto Bridge out front, the balcony off the second level, or either the outdoor or indoor canals via gondala...although a bit cliche on that one.

I kinda agree more with clawson above though.
I used to feel that way...tacky...but since I have lived here I have done a half dozen weddings as the stand in local for some group or the other. Even included a couple with a live video feed to the folk back home. People happen to find Las Vegas very romantic.

Whatever makes your clock tick...

Old 06-30-2007, 10:17 AM

201 posts, read 964,279 times
I hear ya olecapt.

Now that I have more time and more coffee in me I have some other ideas off-strip:

Lake Las Vegas - Montelago Village, one of the most beautiful spots in vegas. On weekends you can go on their big yacht for a tour of the lake and pop said question. If she says no....throw her over If you really want to show her a completely different side of vegas, this is it. Great lunch/dinner choices as well.

Montelago Village on Lake Las Vegas

Scenic overlook at Redrock Canyon

Helicopter ride over vegas

Lake Meade, by boat. There's lunch & dinner cruises, etc.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:47 AM

62 posts, read 458,842 times
Thanks for all the great ideas, everyone! Keep em coming.

Clawson26, thank you for your concern, but Vegas is it. There are some milestones for when we'll be there, and other reasons as well....

Any more suggestions, anyone??

Old 06-30-2007, 10:50 AM

434 posts, read 1,736,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I used to feel that way...tacky...but since I have lived here I have done a half dozen weddings as the stand in local for some group or the other. Even included a couple with a live video feed to the folk back home. People happen to find Las Vegas very romantic.

Whatever makes your clock tick...
OOPS I didn't mean to imply that Vegas was tacky. I was refering to the "Grand Gesture" that doesn't have personal meaning to the proposeee. Like having "will you marry me?" put on a jumbo at a sporting event. Unless the girl is a sports fan or you met there it doesn't seem very romantic. I just like the "personal" touch of a place that has meaning to the couple rather than a "grand gesture" that may be fancy or expensive. I had a friend who proposed to his girl on the hill overlooking where they used to tailgate as teenagers. It was where they had their first kiss as kids and neither had been back there in years. Just a picnic with wine and a sincere proposal in a special place. She said yes of course!

Anyway no offense was intended toward Vegas....love me some Vegas!!!

Old 06-30-2007, 11:27 AM

Well Vegas is pretty tacky in a number of ways...but many find that romantic. Nah I certainly was not offended. We like our "tacky"ness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: