Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 11:19 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,550,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
That would depend on where you work.
Correct. Working in a kitchen could range from low to very good pay depending on where you're at and what position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 04:58 AM

241 posts, read 490,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyFool View Post
This is great for someone that lives below his/her means. But seriously, you amount of pay cannot support a family, pay a mortgage, or provide medical benefits. This is not a real job.
Everyone in America should be living below their means. We're not entitled to blow the rest of the world's savings.

I see a lot of Hispanics doing menial labor, and they all seem to have bigger families than the avg white American. Looks like the problem isn't jobs but a sense of entitlement.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:26 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,798,367 times
I can't resist the temptation any longer.

There really are no jobs in Vegas. Everyone works on pure volunteer basis.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:42 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,113,635 times
There are jobs in Vegas but they are jobs that most people dont want to or cant do. Therefore most people look at it as "there are no jobs".

Old 09-17-2011, 06:59 AM

508 posts, read 1,018,815 times
that is not true von. I have 3 good interviews set up for the day after I get home. ok so they are all kind of more techie type jobs. and you actually get tested on the computer and how well you know it by heart but that part is easy... there are lots of jobs it just depends on what your going for.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:23 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,320,005 times
Las Vegas Valley jobless rate hits record 15 percent - Business - ReviewJournal.com

Old 09-17-2011, 08:29 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,113,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grofica View Post
that is not true von. I have 3 good interviews set up for the day after I get home. ok so they are all kind of more techie type jobs. and you actually get tested on the computer and how well you know it by heart but that part is easy... there are lots of jobs it just depends on what your going for.
So you are saying that their are jobs?

If so, that is pretty much what I am saying also. Your "techie type" jobs would fall in the category of jobs people cant do because of lack of experience.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:16 AM

10,865 posts, read 16,928,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyFool View Post
This is great for someone that lives below his/her means. But seriously, you amount of pay cannot support a family, pay a mortgage, or provide medical benefits. This is not a real job.
Not only does it support a family, we paid cash for our house and our benefits are first rate.

Who made you final arbiter of what constitutes a "real job?" I used to have the kind of job you're probably thinking of. I quit that so I could do something worthwhile with my time.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:23 AM

16,265 posts, read 42,980,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas1337 View Post
Everyone in America should be living below their means. We're not entitled to blow the rest of the world's savings.

I see a lot of Hispanics doing menial labor, and they all seem to have bigger families than the avg white American. Looks like the problem isn't jobs but a sense of entitlement.
Super agree here.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:35 AM

46 posts, read 74,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Not only does it support a family, we paid cash for our house and our benefits are first rate.
You lost me. Granted you paid cash for your house. But how does that relate to doing a job as a kitchen worker?? Sorry...a min wage job does not support a family or provide enough to pay rent or pay a note!!! There are jobs in Vegas. Unfortunately, the majority of them are low paying jobs, As to regards to your claim about benefits; I have been all over the world. I can tell you that benefits here in Las Vegas are terrible. But I understand, THIS IS VEGAS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas