Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 03:06 PM

31 posts, read 66,058 times

Advertisements

Thursday, 16 June 2011 21:59
An $834 million plan approved by the Henderson City Council on Tuesday night sets a tentative outline for all of the city's major projects over the next six years. The projects outlined would be funded by a mix of city and federal dollars, many of which have already been identified. The majority of the funds that have been identified – more than 73 percent – would come from outside sources such as federal grants and developer fees. For the 2012 budget year, which begins July 1, the plan outlines $143.6 million in projects, all of which have already been funded. Some of the projects scheduled to be complete in the coming year are Cornerstone Lake Park at Wigwam Parkway and Stephanie Street, Phase II of Heritage Park at Racetrack Road and Burkholder Boulevard, Phase III of the Union Pacific Trail and two parks in Lake Las Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 03:52 PM

529 posts, read 1,390,464 times
@ Dan, thanks for the information. I heard about these parks in Lake Las Vegas. That would be fantastic. I hope there are tennis courts. Was there any specific on the location of the park? I know at one time, there was talk that the 4th Golf Course in LLV (Rainbow) may be a park instead of golf course with trails etc. I'll see if I can dig up more infomation about the parks and post it here.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:00 PM

59 posts, read 199,254 times
When it cones to "parks" ar we talking about having a playground for kids as well? I would hope so in the case of LLV. It would help accentuate the idea of a "family" type setting.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:18 PM

Park #1 "Lake Las Vegas Park & Trail" - Listed as a Community Park, low quality map drawing indicates west side Lake Las Vegas Blvd. near Lake Mead Parkway.

Park #2 "Lake Las Vegas Trailheads" - low quality map drawing again indicates west side Las Vegas Blvd. further down closer to the LLV Information Center.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:28 PM

Thanks Dan! I have an email into Gerri Schroder as well inquiring. I'm assuming that the area is where the current trail head to the Mountain Loop trail is located. It's a huge land area, just east of the powerlines and there currently is a small information center there. It would make sense to have a park there to connect the mountain/river trail as well as the wetlands trails. The wetlands trail runs behind the firestation in LLV and goes east to west. This trail is almost complete and runs along the LV Wash.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:24 PM

Marketing of large LLV parcels going strong -

http://www.colliersparrish.com/attac...rticleid=97189

Old 07-14-2011, 03:53 PM

@ Dan, thanks for the link. Some of land I figured was for sale, but alot of it, owned by LLV is surprising, including the lake area near the Pontevecchio bridge. I always assumed that would be undeveloped.

Has anyone noticed any construction on LLV Parkway? Upper Loop past the Loews? It was to have started by now.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:56 AM

35 posts, read 99,333 times
I went in main entrance yesterday going home......nothing new. Did not go to upper loop. Coffee shop still closed as of Wednesday night........wish property manager would get on those people.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:56 AM

147 posts, read 409,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLVResident View Post
@ Dan, thanks for the link. Some of land I figured was for sale, but alot of it, owned by LLV is surprising, including the lake area near the Pontevecchio bridge. I always assumed that would be undeveloped.

Has anyone noticed any construction on LLV Parkway? Upper Loop past the Loews? It was to have started by now.
Just drove around the north loop starting by the Ravella and working in a counter-clockwise direction. Although all of LLV Parkway needs some fresh asphalt, I assume that the portion of the road which would be worked on first in the north loop would be the counter clockwise side of the road after the sharp turn in the road going north from Loews. Currently it is paved from that curve in the road to about 30' past the tremezzo entrance. The asphalt does not appear to be fresh in that area so I don't think that any work has been started on LLV parkway. On a side note, it does appear that the access road out to phase III (out by the proposed retail island) has had a new layer of asphalt applied.

P.S.
Dropped into The Village 7/16/11 @9:30 to try to get some dinner and it was packed. Luna Rossa & Bernard's "couldn't" seat us. Think that Luna Rossa was under-staffed by the looks of their counter (Completely filled with dirty glassware). And the hostess @ Bernards prob just didn't want to seat anybody before close. So we drove out to Ventano's instead.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:42 PM

I just called the city to find out the scoop on the re-paving of LLV Parkway. It's very close to happening. They had a delay on some scope of work with the contractor and that should be figured out by the end of the week. The money is there to do the project.

One thing I did find out is that this will be done in phases. The first Phase of the paving is going to be from the entrance up to the 2nd round-about. This contruction will complete the curbs and re-surface the road, add street lamps etc. This will allow the landscaping to also be completed in the medians on the sides of the road. The landscaping could not be done prior to the curbs as the dirt/irrigation water would more easily run into the street, where the curb would help contain them. Having all of this done will surely add alot of polish and completed to the beauty of LLV. I'll be glad when it no longer looks like a construction zone.

The north upper loop will not be done in this phase. That will be the next phase. An additional round-about is still planned near the fire station that will connect Galleria Parkway, which is supposed to begin the final completion within the next year or so. Per the bankruptcy, the construction could not begin until at least 18 months post bankruptcy.

I have the name of the project mgr for the upper north loop. I'll make a call in a few weeks when he returns from vacation to chat about the next phase and timelines etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas