Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 09:02 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,493,779 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine also recommended Big Lots. She bought a mattress for her guest room and was happy with the purchase. I don't know if her guests were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 07:06 PM

529 posts, read 1,390,324 times
WAT.. thanks for the link for the Google reviews. 1 out of the 6 people who made the comments even lives in Nevada. Maybe they ship to Ann Arbor Michigan?

Old 09-29-2010, 07:57 PM

399 posts, read 1,026,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croce View Post
I also need to buy a mattress and box spring. Thanks for the tips. Costco or Sams generally have fair prices on these items, but no delivery. Since I'll be flying and renting a car, that makes it difficult. So I'll check out these recommendations and hope for the best.
There are local delivery services than can deliver from Costco and Sams, plus you can also just order online and have it shipped directly to your door.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:17 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,908,727 times
Default Mattress

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLVResident View Post
I need to buy a mattress. Has anyone heard of Big Red Mattress company? Their prices look great. I tried to find online reviews, including Yelp but couldn't find any.

Any help would greatly appreciated.
Have not heard of the Big Red Mattress Company, however, we bought a Queen size foam mattress from Wallmart about $220 and so far no regrets. We reused our box spring to support the foam mattress.
sk

Old 10-05-2010, 01:15 PM

33 posts, read 118,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croce View Post
I also need to buy a mattress and box spring. Thanks for the tips. Costco or Sams generally have fair prices on these items, but no delivery. Since I'll be flying and renting a car, that makes it difficult. So I'll check out these recommendations and hope for the best.
I got my new king memory foam from Sam's Club on line. Separate frame, no box springs needed. Under $800 including delivery for both arrived within a 5 days and 3 weeks later I'm very happy with it. I was able to lug it up stairs and frame assembly was ez. Lots of customer reviews to go by. Quality stuff don't let the discount warehouse phobia get to you.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:15 PM

932 posts, read 2,347,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickatNite View Post
I got my new king memory foam from Sam's Club on line. Separate frame, no box springs needed. Under $800 including delivery for both arrived within a 5 days and 3 weeks later I'm very happy with it. I was able to lug it up stairs and frame assembly was ez. Lots of customer reviews to go by. Quality stuff don't let the discount warehouse phobia get to you.
Agree 100 percent that it's quality stuff, but delivery does not include setup. They'll deliver it to your driveway, but you're on your own for getting it inside and setting it up. That's no problem for many people but might be a problem for older folks or those with two-story houses with stairs that are difficult to negotiate. For them, buying from somewhere that will deliver AND set up might be preferable.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:27 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
After years of trying everything to get comfortable from water beds to expensive mattresses, we settled on a Sleep Number Bed. My wife likes it, but I'm not sure I'd buy another one. For one thing it's hard to snuggle, and I'm scared of the dark.

Seriously, it's not bad, but I can never decide which number I prefer. I guess when you're asleep you aren't thinking about numbers.

We stayed at a Best Western one time that had such a comfortable mattress we asked them for the brand. They emailed it to us but I lost the email.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:26 PM

399 posts, read 1,026,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owelles View Post
Agree 100 percent that it's quality stuff, but delivery does not include setup. They'll deliver it to your driveway, but you're on your own for getting it inside and setting it up. That's no problem for many people but might be a problem for older folks or those with two-story houses with stairs that are difficult to negotiate. For them, buying from somewhere that will deliver AND set up might be preferable.
Costco will deliver and setup a mattress if you have the bed frame ready and setup before they arrive. They won't take away any old mattresses you have.

Costco - $599.99 after $100 OFF Haven Spring Plush Queen=

Old 10-05-2010, 06:33 PM

11 posts, read 30,737 times
I had to buy a mattress after moving here about 4 weeks ago. I first went to Mattress Firm. The salesperson was a nuisance. Went to Macy's after that and found one. A little more expensive, but after having slept in it for about 2 weeks now... love it.

Simmons mattress and box spring for $1299 delivered. No, not cheap. But a warranty that is something like 20-30 years. And comfortable as all get out.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:19 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobycat View Post
I had to buy a mattress after moving here about 4 weeks ago. I first went to Mattress Firm. The salesperson was a nuisance. Went to Macy's after that and found one. A little more expensive, but after having slept in it for about 2 weeks now... love it.

Simmons mattress and box spring for $1299 delivered. No, not cheap. But a warranty that is something like 20-30 years. And comfortable as all get out.
We love Macy's Home Store. Just wish we had more money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas