Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 06:06 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,456,177 times
61 I feel for you. I don't know what has happened, but we are a forgiving society and I hope things turn around for you. I have a friend who is 41 and having the same problems finding anytype of work. I hope you stay positive, wait for the DOC's good to go and then apply all over the place. Go back every few days, show them that you want to work, are a go getter and keep a positive attitude.
The friend of mine lets too many things get him down and stays pretty negative. He's a friend and if I had a business, I would hire him in a minute. I do remember someone mentioning about groups out there to help with this, I sincerely hope you look into that.
Bottom line is your not owed anything, but you don't need to be kept down either. While waiting for a job, I would get with the States unemployment system and see if they have job training (learn a new skill). If times are that tuff, go for financial aide (not sure if you can - but education loans are out there). Set yourself up, so that your past is just the very small piece of who you are.
My father was a truck driver and applied at a different company that required a physical. He found out at that time about his heart condition. Are insurance companies behind this? Sure. But you see the lawsuits in this country, they are absolutely rediculous...so companies protect themselves.
STAY POSITIVE and I REALLY DO WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK. Find something you like, are good at, do a great job at, and sell yourself the best you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 09:02 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,449,091 times
Default Doesn't this sound like Scrooge? :eek:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
If you have to say SOCIETY so much, please spell it right.
If you want to cure your heart disease and get work to help support your family, lay off the meat, dairy and heavily processed foods. They are killing you.
For more information, go here: Independent news on natural health, nutrition and more
And here: McDougall
And here: Vegan & Vegetarian Recipes, Articles, Health Resource
And check this book out from the library "The China Study."

And someone did mention before that there are groups in just about every city willing to help ex-felons get work.
`At this festive season of the year, Mr. Scrooge,' said the gentleman, taking up a pen, `it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the Poor and Destitute, who suffer greatly at the present time. Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir.'

`Are there no prisons?' asked Scrooge.

`Plenty of prisons,' said the gentleman, laying down the pen again.

`And the Union workhouses?' demanded Scrooge. `Are they still in operation?'

`They are. Still,' returned the gentleman, `I wish I could say they were not.'

`The Treadmill and the Poor Law are in full vigour, then?' said Scrooge.

`Both very busy, sir.'

`Oh! I was afraid, from what you said at first, that something had occurred to stop them in their useful course,' said Scrooge. `I'm very glad to hear it.'

- A Christmas Carol, Charles Dickens

Old 11-30-2009, 07:58 PM

206 posts, read 570,834 times
Whats this I hear about felons having to register?

Old 11-30-2009, 08:03 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,050,035 times
yep sure do...within 48 hours or youve committed another felony

Old 05-11-2010, 03:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,431 times
Hi my name is Ms Butler and I work with a agency that helps ex felons (with any convictions) and we help find employment for ex felons no matter what crime was made. The name of the agency is WRRP Inc (Wellness,Redemption and Rehabilitation Program Inc. Our founder and director is Cornell Horn and we are located at 6370 West Flamingo Rd #37, Las Vegas, NV 89103. We do not do Walk Ins but you maybe scheduled by calling us at the office at 702-385-9097 or you may email us at [email]Cornell.Horn@wrrp.org[/email] or look at our website at [url=http://www.wrrp.org]Wellness, Redemption, & Rehabilitation Program, Inc.[/url]. We look forward to seeing and working with any individual who wants to help themselves. We also have other resources available but all you got to do is make a effort to make a change and we will do our best to serve and meet your goals.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
BTW: You do know that exfelons have to register in Clark County with Metro don't you?
Technically, you only have to register if you have more than one felony.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:57 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,933,848 times
doesn't matter.... finding a job here with a single felony will be very very very difficult.. no gaming card, etc...

Old 04-26-2011, 07:52 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,625,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billeethakid View Post
itscindergirl, why are you a felon, what did you do?

She stole my heart

Jonathan

Old 04-27-2011, 09:03 AM

149 posts, read 261,843 times
You definitely don't have to register for a felony... I think there are more details concerning that statement, like how many and for what. There are a lot of different situations but to be sure you can always give Metro a call. I can't wait to get the hell out of Las Vegas :-)

Old 04-27-2011, 09:09 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,050,035 times
the feeling is mutual

We cant wait for you to leave too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: