Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:00 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiker1o View Post
^^^^^^There goes the spin zone once again. Hehehe!

LAS VEGAS, NV Real Estate Market Report for October 10 2010
You realy are slow. There is only one source of this data. GLVAR. I gave you the link to the GLVAR data.

Why are you so silly as to continue quoting back sources that have done something or the other to the GLVAR data.

Understand...there is only one source...you can use the county assessor for longer term and all transactions...though almost no one does.

But you are given the instant data and want it manipulated. How dumb is that..

Note by the way some of the sites you are citing are using for sale rather than sold data...though they may not tell you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 12:23 AM

11 posts, read 13,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzmytyme2bfree View Post
well I have lots of health care experience, such as medical assisting, phlebotomy, home health. However I am lucky because I just found out today that my current job will transfer me, so I have that covered. Vegas is the destination so far. I just want to know what should I expect living in such a famous city!!
It's not as exciting as it seems from the outside, but make a couple of good friends after you get here (or before if you are lucky) and the city can be yours! Karaoke, night clubs, every ethnicity of food at your whim, bars of every kind, movies everywhere, and as long as you don't fall for all the weirdos with pick up lines, Vegas can be a great place to live I've been here for almost 12 years now and I can still go out and have fun anytime I choose to. It is a 24 hour town though so be prepared for that as well and you will do fine

Old 10-10-2010, 03:21 AM

848 posts, read 1,724,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You realy are slow. There is only one source of this data. GLVAR. I gave you the link to the GLVAR data.

Why are you so silly as to continue quoting back sources that have done something or the other to the GLVAR data.

Understand...there is only one source...you can use the county assessor for longer term and all transactions...though almost no one does.

But you are given the instant data and want it manipulated. How dumb is that..

Note by the way some of the sites you are citing are using for sale rather than sold data...though they may not tell you.
You truly love to spin it, keep going!!!

Old 10-10-2010, 03:33 AM

848 posts, read 1,724,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt

Make sure you know the difference between a mean and a median. Avoid a lot of drama where you have to eat lots of words.

But go look at the last six months and then come back and show how prices have fallen .

It will be most entertaining.
You will be the one eating your own words because of your arrogance. Go ahead and spin it just to prove your argument but I was correct all along and I don't need a license just to interpret the graphs which you obviously ignored to support your arrogant argument.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:20 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
You will be the one eating your own words because of your arrogance. Go ahead and spin it just to prove your argument but I was correct all along and I don't need a license just to interpret the graphs which you obviously ignored to support your arrogant argument.

Alto tracks listings not sales. The charts are irrelevant to the sale price.

Alto also gets its data from GLVAR - the only source of listing information.

You simply don't understand what you are reading.

Alto is, in fact, a RE Agent support site used to provide information to RE Agent too lazy or not smart enough to do their own. It is a lead provider to RE Agents.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:47 AM

126 posts, read 269,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzmytyme2bfree View Post
Hello everybody,

I am a 25 years old and have made the decision to move from a small chicago surburb to Nevada. I am going to be traveling alone ( 2 cats) in my car over 1700k miles.

Does anybody have any advice on finding jobs, apartments, friends or could share their experiences with moving across the country?
I HIGHLY recommend taking the southern route. I am originally from IL and was stationed in San Diego most of my career, have made the San Diego-IL trip maybe 10 times.

Made the mistake of 'trying' the 40 route ONCE. Between the truckers screwing with you, closed mountains for snow (AZ/New Mexico), nasty weather in general (rain/snow/wind), and terrible roads, I can tell you I never did that route again, even though it 'saves' maybe 500 miles off the trip (due to being a 'straight shot').

Take I-55 south to I-40 to I-30 to I-20 to I-10 and you cant go wrong. The route looks a little longer on the map (and it is), but trust me, you will not regret it. Plus you get all the 'forest gump' scenery (stretching plains, cool clouds, neat mountain sunset views, etc). Only downside is the legs with only 1 radio station or none (make sure to load up your ipod).

Just dont forget to hit every gas station you can around New Mexico/AZ, if memory serves there are stretches that don't have stops for 150-200 miles.

Have fun and good luck!

Old 10-11-2010, 10:57 AM

16 posts, read 34,061 times
Im driving for the experience! I have never traveled by car, so this trip will be very interesting.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Both you and your cats are not going to like the Las Vegas adjustment. Chicago is a very cold, dark damp climate and you are going to a very hot dry climate. You will go through an adjustment where your body will have to get used to the desert. You will experience things like "Vegas Throat" and your cats may behave strangely such as drinking lots of water and urinating where they are not supposed to. But you and they will eventually adjust.

OMG, I have never heard of such thing, I just looked it up! I guess there is more to get adjusted to than I thought. Never been or lived in the desert so it will be and experience for sure! Thanks for that info, I would have never known that if you didnt post it!!!!

Old 10-11-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Sorry to burst your bubble but prices are still down compared to just a few years ago and still quite affordable compared to many cities all over the United States and beyond.

Yea I was looking at the prices for apartments and they are way low than Chicago, I'll tell ya.

It seems that Vegas has a lot of units within the $500-$700 price ranges which are definitely in my budget!

Old 10-11-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Tyler View Post
It's not as exciting as it seems from the outside, but make a couple of good friends after you get here (or before if you are lucky) and the city can be yours! Karaoke, night clubs, every ethnicity of food at your whim, bars of every kind, movies everywhere, and as long as you don't fall for all the weirdos with pick up lines, Vegas can be a great place to live I've been here for almost 12 years now and I can still go out and have fun anytime I choose to. It is a 24 hour town though so be prepared for that as well and you will do fine

Ok, Ok sounds like fun, I love food that's for sure, Although I am not the typical party girl but i am sure there will be more to do there than this ****ty ass town that I live in now! Thanks for the Info!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas