Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 10:08 AM

367 posts, read 1,074,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGBULLY View Post
I have the same problem, and get picked up twice a week. I do not like fatty meat, so I cut off all the meat, and gross parts of the meat. That just makes it so nasty! I started putting the scraps in a zip lock bag if it is not the day before trash pick up.
That's what makes my trash stink too Cutting bones off before cooking, etc. and then putting it in the trash. I am also going to try the seal technique.
I feel uncomfortable shoving everything down the garbage disposal... and that thing can get stinky too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 12:26 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,352,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_bd View Post
That's what makes my trash stink too Cutting bones off before cooking, etc. and then putting it in the trash. I am also going to try the seal technique.
I feel uncomfortable shoving everything down the garbage disposal... and that thing can get stinky too.
Get a dog and there won't be any left overs.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:26 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,471,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
This issue has been all over the news lately. Republic wants to get more people to recycle by giving them the co-mingle wheeled cans, plus a wheeled garbáge can, but they also want to cut pick up to once a week and charge us more. I ain't gonna recycle so they can make more money if they're going to also charge me more for less service. Commissioner Chris Giunchigliani was telling them no way José. Nobody wants the garbáge to sit around in the heat of their garage that long.

That is exactly how I feel. I do not mind the recycling part, but once a week would really bother me. I have 5 people in my home and sometimes a couple more over for dinner a couple of times a week. And I cook at home at least 5 times a week, so we have tons of trash. I could not imagine that in the garage for a week. Even a couple of days gets bad.

Seems like a lot of places are trying to get away with that less for more money. If they are laying people off, then they are going to be making more money, why charge us more.

I also do not like that they are the only company in town. When you have an issue with them, what are you going to do about it? Nothing, you can't threaten them that you are going to change companies, because there is no other companies to change to.

I use to work right by there sub station on Cheyenne & Commerce. Around 12pm a lot of their trucks would come in and block the whole roads sometimes for half an hour or more. That was when I would come back to work from lunch. Would get stuck in that mess. I called several times to complain, because there were quite a few businesses there that also needed to work. Did not work at all, once even had one of the Managers laugh at me, boy was I steamed. Talked to his manager, but of course nothing happened.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:01 AM

98 posts, read 542,481 times
Quote:
I keep a "trash" bag in my fridge for all the food scraps and then only throw my food scraps out when I put the garbage to the curb.

The glad odor proof trash bags work really well, but are about $.15/piece. Worth it for the kitchen if you don't produce too much garbage... I used them when I was in a condo and left food scraps in them for a week with no odors.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:30 PM
jpk

531 posts, read 1,863,653 times
All I know is that the trash service works better with Republic in LV than it does with Waste Management in Seattle. In Seattle, the government mandates recycling and has auditors that rifle through your trash to see if you are 100% compliant. If they find anything they don't like in your trash, they send you a nasty letter with what they found and fine you. On top of it, they look through your trash for things with your name and address on them so they can prove it was yours (like all of your mail, bank statements, and other personal things). It's a police state up here! That Audi commercial for the 'green police' has become a reality and it stinks.

Old 10-23-2010, 12:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,158 times
Default New in Town

Quote:
As far as I can interpret, you get to have 6 trash items to be picked up (cans or bags), no greater than 33 gallons and 50 lbs.

Doing a lot of yard work lately, I had a trash can (32 gal) and 5 trash bags out, the heaviest about 45 lbs - yes, I weighed it - and when I got back home, the can was emptied but the bags were all left on the curb. ??

Have I misinterpreted the rules? I would happily help the guys out, and tip em, if they thought the bags were heavy - if I only could guess what time they get past here so I could be home. Since I moved here, they have been picking up the trash anywhere between 6.30 am to 4.30 pm. Weird.

I will probably call them, but I was hoping someone here had an answer before Monday.
Hello, I am new in Town Zip Code 89149. Can you please tell me who pick up Trash in this neighborhood? It's a gated community Grand Canyon/Gilcrease.
I asked the builder but they do not know either? Maybe someone knows and can lead me to the right company.
Thank you.
JPR

Old 10-23-2010, 12:55 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,471,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprcavite View Post
Hello, I am new in Town Zip Code 89149. Can you please tell me who pick up Trash in this neighborhood? It's a gated community Grand Canyon/Gilcrease.
I asked the builder but they do not know either? Maybe someone knows and can lead me to the right company.
Thank you.
JPR
There is only one company in Town that does trash, Republic Services. They pick up all of Vegas, Henderson, and North Las Vegas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas