Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2010, 04:17 PM

24 posts, read 70,311 times

Advertisements

My other post on Arabella apts received no response. I'm hoping that someone is more familiar with Desert Shadows apartments. The pictures look like this is a fairly new complex, how is the area on W. Charleston? What about the community is it safe or should I keep looking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 08:43 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Signature Management Las Vegas | Desert Shadows Apartment Community
It's right next to the college campus. Not the greatest, but not the worst. You could do better. They aren't new, they just always look new in the apartment guides and online. Trick of photography. They all look great, even the ghetto apts.

Arabella is way over in Henderson/Green Valley, totally different area. If I had to pick between the two, I would pick Arabella's location.

For the heck of it, check out some Picerne properties around the valley. They have many locations, all new. (picerne.com)

Old 10-11-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Signature Management Las Vegas | Desert Shadows Apartment Community
It's right next to the college campus. Not the greatest, but not the worst. You could do better. They aren't new, they just always look new in the apartment guides and online. Trick of photography. They all look great, even the ghetto apts.

Arabella is way over in Henderson/Green Valley, totally different area. If I had to pick between the two, I would pick Arabella's location.

For the heck of it, check out some Picerne properties around the valley. They have many locations, all new. (picerne.com)

Thank you! I will check out Picerne.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:04 AM

Also, if you will be working in a certain area, try to find an apt complex closer to where your job is. You don't want to be working in on one side of the valley and then have to drive to the opposite end every day. Although a few locals in here do just that, but when they originally moved here, they didn't plan on it.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:30 PM

If offered the position, I will be working on the strip. I came across Mosaic apartments in my search...are you familiar with Fairfield Properties?

Old 10-12-2010, 08:51 PM

I am not familiar with Fairfield properties, but those apts are new and in a good area. Close to the Strip. Much better than Desert Shadows by miles.
Mosaic Apartments - Home Page (http://mymosaicapt.com/index.php - broken link)
I love the way they describe them and they look really nice. New is also a big plus.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:43 AM

848 posts, read 1,724,288 times
Desert Shadows is only a few years old, nearest shopping would be the Charleston Festival (neighborhood Walmart, Pick Up Stix, Capriattis, Tropical Smoothie, Game Stops....) right across from College of Southern Nevada, a community library is also in the campus of CSN. Working on the Strip you can take Jones Blvd to Spring Mtn, Desert Inn, Flamingo or Tropicana and then head on East. It is still in a decent area of Vegas and a short commute to the Strip. Also Albertsons grocery store is on West Charleston/Rainbow Blvd. Boca Park is around 4 miles away on West Charleston Blvd. More condos and apts further West on Charleston Blvd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: