Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 10:01 AM

40 posts, read 108,837 times

Advertisements

It's been about a week now, and I can't take the smell anymore, my neighbors just rented a house across the street from me and is growing pot. I can no longer walk outside my house without smelling it, I have to pull into my garage, then close my garage before I step inside the house.

They even told my other neighbor that they have a "License" to grow it, but the smell is so strong, I'm sure they are growing much more then they are allowed.

No one even lives in the house, they are there for a few hours, and leave the house at night and I think leave the windows open. I feel bad for their dog as they leave the dog to guard the backyard.

Is there anything I can do? I'm going to try to call my HOA today and if nothing happen, I'm going to try to call the the cops. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:03 AM

6,115 posts, read 12,482,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
It's been about a week now, and I can't take the smell anymore, my neighbors just rented a house across the street from me and is growing pot. I can no longer walk outside my house without smelling it, I have to pull into my garage, then close my garage before I step inside the house.

They even told my other neighbor that they have a "License" to grow it, but the smell is so strong, I'm sure they are growing much more then they are allowed.

No one even lives in the house, they are there for a few hours, and leave the house at night and I think leave the windows open. I feel bad for their dog as they leave the dog to guard the backyard.

Is there anything I can do? I'm going to try to call my HOA today and if nothing happen, I'm going to try to call the the cops. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Why not call the cops before the HOA?

Old 10-12-2010, 10:06 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,392,716 times
hmmm...from what I remember...it has a "sweet smell". OP is making it sound like it smells like the oil storage area near Newark airport?

Old 10-12-2010, 10:06 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,574,223 times
Call the police, not the HOA. You can even report it anonymously if you are worried.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:18 AM

40 posts, read 108,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
hmmm...from what I remember...it has a "sweet smell". OP is making it sound like it smells like the oil storage area near Newark airport?
You must not know what pot smells like, to me it's similar to the smell of a skunk.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:50 AM

787 posts, read 1,770,682 times
Quote:
I don't think that smell on the Turnpike just North of the x14 toll plaza is due to oil-storage. I was told it was a pork-processing plant of some sort. All those oil tanks are right off the Newark-Bay bridge, which does not stink. </threadjack>

Old 10-12-2010, 10:55 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,574,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
You must not know what pot smells like, to me it's similar to the smell of a skunk.
Uh, no it smells very sweet actually, definitely not like a skunk.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:55 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,610,336 times
I think you should CUT DOWN ALL THE PLANTS
(and mail them to me for disposal)

I will DM you with my private mailing address.
BTW is rolling paper cheaper in Vegas? can you include a few packs in there as well?

Thanks

Jonathan

Old 10-12-2010, 11:04 AM

2,502 posts, read 8,888,212 times
Quote:
I think it's personal preference. I can't stand the smell, it grosses me out. But I know some people who like it...

Old 10-12-2010, 11:18 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,392,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radraja View Post
I think it's personal preference. I can't stand the smell, it grosses me out. But I know some people who like it...
gotcha...some don't like it I guess. But you wouldn't say it smells like skunk, would you? Skunk spray is powerful stuff and known as one of nature's best defense mechanisms. The OP saying it smells like skunk must be exaggerating, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas