Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 11:38 PM

901 posts, read 1,897,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiker1o View Post
Easy to play the blame game but tell us what has the nutcase done for Nevadans while she was at the Nevada Legislature. Keep in mind we have a white thrash useless Repukeblican Governor, a white thrash Repukeblican Senator who are both cheaters and liars, who both have not really done anything but give embarassment for the State of Nevada.

With gaming all over the world and Vegas no longer has the edge it once had with gambling/tourism, it is good to have a Senator who will bring in new Green industries to supplement tourism and mining as a source of livelihood for Nevadans. Many of us want to be enlightened exactly what has the nutcase done during her stint at the Nevada Legislature that can directly benefit Nevadans or that has benefited Nevadans.
Blame game? As is custom, whoever is in power gets the credit when things are going well and takes the heat when they are not. FWIW, I am not a member of any political party. In general, the D's are as bad as the R's.

Angle's accomplishments? As someone who's lived here for less than two years, I honestly don't know what she's done in the legislature - good or bad. But I do know what Reid has done - and none of it has been good IMO.

You said Reid will bring jobs to NV, as in he'll do it in the future. Politicians will promise you the world. What jobs has he brought lately, especially since we borrowed huge sums of money from the Chinese in the name of economic stimulus? It appears to me that he no longer has NV's best interest at heart - his priority seems to be using his power as number one senator to implement the central planners' agenda.

I agree with you that we need to diversify our local economy. I'm all for switching to renewable energy, if for no other reason than to show the Saudi's the middle finger. I just don't want a green economy rammed down my throat via cap and trade. Remember the One's famous quote: "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." I suppose you could add that to the list of Reid's accomplishments too if it ever passes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fremontfred View Post
Green jobs? Please. I agree that it would be great for NV to develop other industries besides tourism. Pretending that there are magical green jobs out there just waiting for Harry Reid to bring them to us is ridiculous. If there are legitimate new energy jobs out there then the way to get them here in NV is to remove government red tape and minimize taxes so that new companies will want to start up here. That's exactly what Angle supports. Reid might promise green jobs, but they will be the fictitious kind, created using taxpayer money. They won't last and will prolong the recession (and likely make it worse as more people would move here) as soon as the funding is cut off.
+1

Old 10-16-2010, 03:01 AM

848 posts, read 1,723,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trash Can View Post

As previously mentioned, Angle may have extreme views but she won't get anything done in DC by herself. That's fine by me - the country seems to do best when the politicians do nothing. The way I see it is that the objective here is not so much about electing her, but more about getting rid of him and stopping this train wreck before it's too late. YMMV.
Deep thoughts from someone who supports the nutcase, well said and a great compliment to why Las Vegas was ranked as the 2nd dumbest city in the United States.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:27 AM

848 posts, read 1,723,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fremontfred View Post

Green jobs? Please. I agree that it would be great for NV to develop other industries besides tourism. Pretending that there are magical green jobs out there just waiting for Harry Reid to bring them to us is ridiculous. If there are legitimate new energy jobs out there then the way to get them here in NV is to remove government red tape and minimize taxes so that new companies will want to start up here. That's exactly what Angle supports. Reid might promise green jobs, but they will be the fictitious kind, created using taxpayer money. They won't last and will prolong the recession (and likely make it worse as more people would move here) as soon as the funding is cut off.
Las Vegas Sun

Old 10-16-2010, 04:53 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,187,728 times
Reid is the incumbent so he has to go. It will take several election cycles to discourage special interests from putting millions of dollars on a one term politician. Vote against the incumbent, every time, forever. That is the only way we the people can regain control of the government.

Old 10-16-2010, 05:42 AM

8,408 posts, read 4,570,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiker1o View Post
Deep thoughts from someone who supports the nutcase, well said and a great compliment to why Las Vegas was ranked as the 2nd dumbest city in the United States.
Ahh... Personal insults. A sure sign you've won the argument.

mod interpose: I'm really sorry but we're going to shut this thread down. Please take the conversation over to the the P&OC forum. I believe there are several threads on the Reid-Angle race in progress. We wanted to give locals a bit of a chance to discuss the debate but the conversation has wandered to general philosophical differences.

Many moderators do not let political discussions take place in their local forums at all because of the heated debate they generate and more than often than not, end up with members personally attacking each other as any of you who are familiar with our P&OC forum already know. We really don't want that in the local forums. I commend everybody for keeping it relatively civil to this point and we appreciate your participation in this thread. However, this discussion is no longer focused on the debate itself.

Last edited by scirocco22; 10-16-2010 at 11:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: