U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2010, 09:24 PM

10 posts, read 20,687 times

Advertisements

I'm in Vegas starting Sunday on business for a week. I'll be mostly by myself... I need some ideas on fun things to do during the week. I'll be working most of the day, so night life activities are preferred.

What is the best weeknight to go out on the strip? And what are the best places to go? I've been to Vegas before, just not under these circumstances.

I'll also need someone to hang out with if anyone's up for it!! I'm nice, I swear. Help??

BTW: I'm 25 female and single.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 09:36 PM

10,494 posts, read 25,660,468 times
I am hibernating for the next 6 months, otherwise I would be willing to show you around. What night or nights are you planning on going out so I can advise you?

Old 10-15-2010, 09:43 PM

The nights I will be able to go out will be Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from about 7PM to whenever. I'm in town for a trade show.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:09 PM

10,494 posts, read 25,660,468 times
Here is a couple things I like:

The Stratosphere: You can go up to the top where there is a bar. It is the tallest building in the whole southwest and the view is extraordinary.

The Voodoo Lounge at Rio: Also, very nice

The Ghost Bar at the Palms: I have been here once. It is also cool.

The Centrifuge at the MGM: One of my regular places. Awesome little bar with no cover charges:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BlyT...eature=related

There are many places to explore here so these are just a few. I hope you have a good time.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:52 PM

23,965 posts, read 23,976,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanyito View Post
I'm in Vegas starting Sunday on business for a week. I'll be mostly by myself... I need some ideas on fun things to do during the week. I'll be working most of the day, so night life activities are preferred.

What is the best weeknight to go out on the strip? And what are the best places to go? I've been to Vegas before, just not under these circumstances.

I'll also need someone to hang out with if anyone's up for it!! I'm nice, I swear. Help??

BTW: I'm 25 female and single.
My fvorite club in the country is Tao at the Venetian. You have to check it out! I'm going in 2 weeks so i'll just miss you.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:33 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,245,372 times
Default Trade Show

Are you here for METALCON

Jonathan

Old 10-16-2010, 08:30 AM

787 posts, read 1,697,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
The Centrifuge at the MGM: One of my regular places. Awesome little bar with no cover charges:
:
I've played a good deal of poker in the MGM poker room right outside that place. That bar/club/whatever-it-is has been playing the same music rotation since 2005.

Old 10-16-2010, 02:21 PM

Thank you las vegas drunk!! I appreciate the info. I will definitely head to the Stratosphere for sure.

bmw335xi, I would LOVE to go to Tao. I didn't get to go the first time I went when I was actually there to party. I'm just am a little iffy about going there by myself. Don't want to feel like an outcast! I could do a bar alone, but not so much a nightclub. lol Have fun when you head out there!!

macgeek, yes I am there for METALCON.

Thank you all for your replies. You have helped alot!

Old 10-16-2010, 06:28 PM

15,756 posts, read 36,249,314 times
One quicky....try and hit the hotel pool for an hour or two in the early PM.

YOu will find the gaggles of gals going partying are often about there and then and you may be able to find a kindred soul or two to crash Tao or such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas