Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2010, 06:54 AM

136 posts, read 276,871 times

Advertisements

He's utilized hotels and such during his "commuting" so far from Minnesota, but as of Jan. 1, he will be expected to be out in Vegas and on our dime. So far his employer has been picking up all the commuting expenses.

Anyway, we are going to be looking for a one bedroom apt / condo to rent for him for six months. We're open to areas, but he works off Sunset & LVB, so probably anything SW (off 215) over to Henderson. Do you think it's possible to get a 1 br condo/apt for $600/month? We're willing to go higher and renting something furnished is an option too. If I were to pay for the entire six months rent up front, what kind of deal or how much of a discount do you think a landlord would give us? Anything?

Also, I'd like to compare costs with some extended stay places. Do you know if they rent for six months at a time? Will they negotiate as well? Can anyone give me some names of extended stay places that are okay, sw, south of the airport?

I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to go. Renting an apt., a condo or an extended stay hotel. I can see some pluses/minuses to all. Thoughts?

Any apartments you may think fit the bill? I was looking at Palm Villas in Henderson? Or maybe something off Eastern?

I'll be flying out in December to help with the final arrangements. Hubby is back here for the week, but then he'll be back there for a couple weeks again and will have the job to be scoping out some places.

Thanks for any and all input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 11:25 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,638,982 times
Most women, usually move their men into the doghouse*

Jonathan

Last edited by macgeek; 10-19-2010 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: * But usually we deserve it.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:53 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
this is just a bit more than you want to pay, but it is a very nice & safe area.

Las Vegas Apartments for Rent - La Serena at The Heights

Old 10-20-2010, 09:37 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
many [if not all] of the "weekly" places will allow your husband to meet ANY people quickly.....just stick a hunnerd dollar bill to his forehead and his neighbors will flock to him.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:06 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,723,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
many [if not all] of the "weekly" places will allow your husband to meet ANY people quickly.....just stick a hunnerd dollar bill to his forehead and his neighbors will flock to him.
Yep, Hook him up with a room at Budget or Siegel Suites and have him buy a case of beer everyday. Your hubby will have more instant friends faster than cockroaches breed.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:34 PM

399 posts, read 1,026,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
Yep, Hook him up with a room at Budget or Siegel Suites and have him buy a case of beer everyday. Your hubby will have more instant friends faster than cockroaches breed.
So, what is the next step up from a Budget Suites and Siegel Suites that would be nicer for a short term stay but not dramatically more expensive?

Old 10-21-2010, 12:13 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
I saw a one bedroom apt out in the Paradise Valley are for $700 a month....dont remember where but it was a biggggg sign on a apt building.....

Old 10-21-2010, 12:32 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,568,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdreloc View Post
So, what is the next step up from a Budget Suites and Siegel Suites that would be nicer for a short term stay but not dramatically more expensive?

The D street inn on fabulous D street. It's where dreams are made. I think most of the short term joints are about the same. What makes one better than the next is the location. Tell him to ask around, when I first moved out here, I secured a 3 month lease in a reasonable area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas