Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 10:23 PM

430 posts, read 1,312,258 times

Advertisements

I saw the title post as being in reponse to the many postings of people thinking of moving here.

If you need employment then Vegas may not be the best choice at this time. For goodness sakes, I know a veterinarian, dental assistant and nurse who are out of work. Please, this is not the time to move. Even if you think you have secure employment, as in an offer in writing guaranteeing moving expenses, you are still gambling by moving here.

Now, that being said, there are a few reasons you could consider moving here:
1. You do not need a job.
2. You do not have school age children OR homeschool your children.
3. You do not have any special medical conditions, like diabetes or asthma.

If you can say yes to all 3 of the above, then by all means consider moving here. Otherwise, I agree, STAY AWAY!

Old 11-04-2010, 10:26 PM

654 posts, read 1,322,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
If Chumlee can find work in Las Vegas, anybody can.
+1

This is probably one of the more insightful things anyone has said in this type of thread in a while.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:59 PM

78 posts, read 188,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadobb View Post
+1

This is probably one of the more insightful things anyone has said in this type of thread in a while.

Just what Vegas needs...50,000 Chumlee's chasing that pawn shop dream.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:40 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygirl4 View Post
Education is rank 50th in the US. Sad when you consider that your children would get a better education from watts in the Los Angeles.

I find it extremely hilarious that you're mocking the education in Nevada and you still managed to misspell, and use improper grammar.

I think you meant, "ranked", Watts, and in Los Angeles, not in the Los Angeles.

Use the spell check Einstein, and stop contributing to the stupidity that you're referring to.

LOL...you beat me to it.

"Watts in the Los Angeles"....what is that????

FYI, Watts is a section of Los Angeles, as in the City of Los Angeles.

I am hoping that English is not the first language of the OP.

I guess the OP is saying "economy bad in the Las Vegas".

Old 11-05-2010, 01:23 AM

399 posts, read 1,026,111 times
One problem is that even if you have a job in Las Vegas, because jobs are so scarce, you are in a very bad position if you don't like it or lose the job.
You may not be able to find any new employment in any reasonable period of time and would still have to leave Las Vegas.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:38 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
The people that always whine and complain about how "terrible" Las Vegas is, never did their homework and ended up in a crappy area, just moved here blindly, because it was "so pretty from the airplane."

Old 11-05-2010, 02:54 AM

203 posts, read 545,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
The people that always whine and complain about how "terrible" Las Vegas is, never did their homework and ended up in a crappy area, just moved here blindly, because it was "so pretty from the airplane."

Bwhahahahahhhhahhahhahahahah pink you are so funny unemployment could be 70 percent have the highest murder rate , city running out of water and you still be shaking your pomp poms. lol

Old 11-05-2010, 03:13 AM

203 posts, read 545,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
LOL...you beat me to it.

"Watts in the Los Angeles"....what is that????

FYI, Watts is a section of Los Angeles, as in the City of Los Angeles.

I am hoping that English is not the first language of the OP.

I guess the OP is saying "economy bad in the Las Vegas".

Why dont you guys grow up . So the poster made a couple of spelling errors. Doesn’t make him stupid. Just voicing his opinion that differs from yours .as far as your paragraph goes is not properly structured and just because you put a lot of quotations in your sentences does make you a genius either.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:02 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,637,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspimp View Post
People,

At first everyone is attracted to Vegas. It is a beautiful sight from the airplane.
Don't be fooled by the lights. Las Vegas has the highest unemployment rate in the US when it comes to large cites. It has also has one of the highest crime rates in the nation. Education is rank 50th in the US. Sad when you consider that your children would get a better education from watts in the Los Angeles.

Contary to what anyone may say, Vegas is not a place to find a job or raise a family.
So vegaspimp are you trying to be the sites Curmudgeon?
I have yet to see ANYTHING positive said in ANY of your posts.
do you actually even LIVE in Las Vegas?

Jonathan

Old 11-05-2010, 06:45 AM

122 posts, read 239,146 times
LOL...WOW

Its always the ones who post REALITY about a city under economic crisis for informational purposes that get pegged for TOS VIOLATIONS for some reason, or called a troll....

Yet Im sure on the same coin people saying the city is buttload of Rainbow need not be corrected...

If this site is going to be so hypocritical about what the term "CITY DATA" stands for, then hey all the naysayers might as well go someplace else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas