Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 03:02 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,490,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc8 View Post
in our old neighborhood in the Lakes , there were always a few cats roaming the streets. some did use our garden areas as their litter box. I caught one in the act and recognized it being our immediate neighbor's cat. I asked the neighbor if her cat had a litter box to use. she said yes. When I told her about what her cat was doing in our yard, she seemed amused by it ! told her she can come over and scoop out the crap herself next time it happens. I then started to save old coffee grounds to spread in all the usual spots as I had read the smell offends the cats and masks leftover scents they leave behind.

on another point... cats that roam the area at night would eventually stray into each other territory. when one cat catches another trespassing in their spot there usually is a very vocal and loud confrontation between the two and this always seems to happen in the middle of the night when one is trying to sleep. I have always been a light sleeper and it was either cats fighting or dogs barking or loud neighbors keeping me awake a lot. glad we moved. dont have any of those problems where we live now.
Jellicle Cats...come out tonight.
Jellicle Cats...come one...come all!
The Jellicle Moon is shining bright.
Jellicles come to the Jellicle Ball.

Jellicle cats do not like dryers for exercise.

mod interpose: The last two pages are now off topic as they really don't have anything to do with Las Vegas. Any further off topic posts from this point on will be removed. Please remember that we have a CAT sub-forum in our Pets Forum here at City-Data Forums to discuss issues pertaining to cats. Please use the chat thread for any other conversations about you own cats or whether or not you like dogs over cats, etc. Thanks.

Last edited by scirocco22; 11-09-2010 at 03:43 PM..

Old 11-09-2010, 04:27 PM

660 posts, read 1,397,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
My younger sister was one of these people who would bring home strays and try to make them house cats.
My sister did that too. She also brought home frogs and other weird "pets". Our home stunk sometimes.
Quote:
Anyway...I was about 12, I guess...and figured this one aggressive cat really needed some area to roam. I got the idea that if I stick it in the dryer (also located in the basement) and put it on air dry cycle (of course)...that it would get some needed exercise
Well, at least you didn't put it in the Microwave (I've heard stories!), but oh that poor cat!
Quote:
A few days later, I heard my sister wondering out loud why the cat goes crazy and always scratches the sh!+ out of her when she's holding it and heads closer to do her wash.
Yep, they'll even scratch to pieces the people that are kind to them if they don't like something. I am so not a cat person!

To be on topic about Vegas, um, how is it for Dogs out there? Any Dog friendly areas and do the HOA's there limit certain breeds?

Old 11-09-2010, 05:16 PM

399 posts, read 1,026,030 times
Some cats are friendly and some are not.
The first time I had a problem cat at my house. I went out to shoo it away and it would not move. I walked over to a few inches from it and stamped my feet down on the concrete close to stepping on its foot and it barely blinked and didn't flinch. So, I got my camera, and knelt down and took a close up photo of the ID tag and sent it to the property management and they dealt with the owner.

The second cat would run away when I came outside, so I trapped it later and took it to animal control and sent photos and copies of the admission slip to property management. That ended the lies of the owner saying they never let their cat out.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:59 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,243,496 times
The cat I mentioned upwards in the post is free to a good home.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:04 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,192,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
The cat I mentioned upwards in the post is free to a good home.
Over eleven years old? Difficult?

that one is yours...to the end of the nine. And it will likely have eleven or twelve or more.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:23 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,243,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Over eleven years old? Difficult?

that one is yours...to the end of the nine. And it will likely have eleven or twelve or more.
Ehh....thought I would try. I still kind of like the cat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: