Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2010, 11:48 AM

2 posts, read 15,652 times

Advertisements

I want to know the steps and also any help anyone can give me to get hired into the company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 11:57 AM

2 posts, read 15,652 times
I just recently graduated from college in the Hospitality field. I already did the phone interview on the 8th of November. I applied for Front Desk Representative and the questions was simple. I had to reschedule about 4 times before they called me from an unknown number. the questions was simple: rate your Microsoft word skills and excel, do I know how to use lms, and why should they hire me. I suppose to be contacted in a couple of days or weeks hopefully by phone to schedule an skype interview.

I really want this job, I would have an heart attack if I get hired in! I need all the help I can get so please anyone who is in HR give me some tips (maybe pull my file!) or anyone who works there give me some clue on what to do next. It have been a rough couple of months in the job market so I'm reaching for y'all help.. please reply.

Thank You.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:02 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,721,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughesed View Post
I want to know the steps and also any help anyone can give me to get hired into the company.

Fill out online job application for a position that you are interested in and upload current resume.

Wait for the HR department to contact you.

Charm HR in the prescreen interview that you are not a nut case in anyway if they call you in for an interview.

Convince the hiring director that you’re the sh@t for the job if you manage to get this far.

Pass drug and background check if your bullsh@t passes muster,

Old 11-18-2010, 03:52 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
and "juicing" someone into a job is a serious matter....because if that persons BS indicator ever registers full, it will come back on the person that did the juicing

Old 04-05-2011, 06:39 PM

56 posts, read 171,361 times
I have a first interview scheduled with Venetian/Palazzo human resources on Friday. What are some of the questions they ask?

Old 04-05-2011, 10:00 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
they ALWAYS ask "How many forums did you ask the same question on?"

If the answer is more then one you are disqualified.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post

Aren't you helpful...Not!

Old 04-06-2011, 10:32 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,470,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post

OMG, that was funny.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:37 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,470,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckyb221 View Post
I have a first interview scheduled with Venetian/Palazzo human resources on Friday. What are some of the questions they ask?
Honestly chucky, they're going to ask you the basic questions, skills pertaining to the job, why do you want to work there, what are your strong points.

You have to convince whoever is interviewing you that YOU are the perfect candidate for the job. You have to tell them that based on your skills, customer service and experience YOU are the perfect match to the position.

Be assertive, polite, professional, well dressed and groomed, cordial..sell yourself. Get the name of the person who interviews you. Send them a "thank you for your time" card with a very short statement stating it was nice meeting them for your interview....... in the mail soon as you can.

Much good luck to you on Friday!

Last edited by MomMom; 04-06-2011 at 10:47 AM..

Old 04-14-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Honestly chucky, they're going to ask you the basic questions, skills pertaining to the job, why do you want to work there, what are your strong points.

You have to convince whoever is interviewing you that YOU are the perfect candidate for the job. You have to tell them that based on your skills, customer service and experience YOU are the perfect match to the position.

Be assertive, polite, professional, well dressed and groomed, cordial..sell yourself. Get the name of the person who interviews you. Send them a "thank you for your time" card with a very short statement stating it was nice meeting them for your interview....... in the mail soon as you can.

Much good luck to you on Friday!
I had a great one hour interview with the Manager of Training and Development with the Venetian/Palazzo on Friday. I was able to skip the evaluation interview and go right to the top. They have a few more people to interview this week. I will hopefully hear back from them next week for the second interview and training test. The training test consists of facilitating a portion of the orientation training in front of supervisors and managers. Fingers crossed that all will go well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas