Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 03:33 PM

848 posts, read 1,719,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I would suggest the location adds to the charm...it ain't where you expect a nice restaurant.

I think it is cramped. but that may well be good. And the staff is first class.

For the romantic moment I would think Michaels is better but that is very much higher on the price list.
I do not think having the possibility of getting mugged on the way to the restaurant, charming. The area is not in the best part of Vegas, parking is very limited and the area is not well lit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 04:24 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,076,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiker1o View Post
I do not think having the possibility of getting mugged on the way to the restaurant, charming. The area is not in the best part of Vegas, parking is very limited and the area is not well lit.
I have done it a half dozen times and find it quite adequate security wise.

YMMV

I would also note the Admiral, who has a very well developed sense of paranoia, also finds it acceptable.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:01 PM

11,150 posts, read 15,923,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Oh, thanks MMOB.

Let me see...the very best place for a romantic, delicious and intimate dinner would be Lucio Ristorante on West Sahara, IMHO.

BUT, it's more expensive than what Firm wants to pay, but oh boy, the food is really good. Place is not that big either, reservations is a must.

Lucio Ristorante | Home
You're welcome. And even though your recommendation wasn't directed to me, I appreciate it anyway. I'm always looking for a good Italian restaurant, and that one is only about 3 1/2 miles from my house.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:09 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,446,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
You're welcome. And even though your recommendation wasn't directed to me, I appreciate it anyway. I'm always looking for a good Italian restaurant, and that one is only about 3 1/2 miles from my house.
You know, I actually thought of this when I posted it. I know where you live and this is an easy drive for you. It's really tucked out of the way, off West Sahara, but you'll really like it.

Enjoy!

Old 12-02-2010, 06:32 PM

1,408 posts, read 3,306,438 times
Firm should also post the particulars of his date, ie, first date, serious date? I'd just like to add that if it is a first date and he's trying to make a good impression, I seriously have to say most women, at least the ones I know, would not want to go out to dinner. Too much pressure and too much to worry about. I think their first choice would either be someplace fun or someplace with a lot of atmosphere where they can talk and get to know each other over a few drinks and munchies. Many times guys choose the movies and that ends up being a real downer because your attention is directed at the screen and it's not until later in the evening when you pay to go to another place that you even get to begin to talk and get to know each other.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:36 PM

1,408 posts, read 3,306,438 times
Duh.......how dumb can I be. Now that I posted I see it says "first date." Well I still stand on what I wrote above. She's going to worry about what to wear, what to order, her manners and what to talk about. I say take a walk around Town Center, see some Christmas sights, go to a nice bar for a drink and then go to a fun place for a pizza.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
I have done it a half dozen times and find it quite adequate security wise.

YMMV

I would also note the Admiral, who has a very well developed sense of paranoia, also finds it acceptable.
Hahahaha your ignorance reared its ugly head once again.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:26 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,076,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiker1o View Post
Hahahaha your ignorance reared its ugly head once again.
And you apparently have still write as a small child.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
And you apparently have still write as a small child.
I'm trying my very best to comprehend and understand what you just posted. Syntax on your post begs to be taken seriously.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:54 PM

12-02-2010 Your message today.
07:57 PM jjameson922

@jjameson922

If you want to say something, do it here in the public forum. Don't waste your time sending pvt messages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas