Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 12:26 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,899 times

Advertisements

We just got our first house this past summer. Log Cabin in Centennial hills. Pretty close to what you are looking for.

Glad I did not get the Casita looking back on things. Check that out though. It's more like living in a small town out here. Many people even have horses.

If you move out here don't drive like a jerk though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 02:27 AM

787 posts, read 1,776,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
We just got our first house this past summer. Log Cabin in Centennial hills. Pretty close to what you are looking for.

Glad I did not get the Casita looking back on things. Check that out though. It's more like living in a small town out here. Many people even have horses.

If you move out here don't drive like a jerk though.

Yeah, it's really nice up there. I live 2mi away, and have started going on bike-rides down Log Cabin and surrounding streets. That's near Floyd Lamb State park too. I really like the feel of that whole area.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:27 AM

15 posts, read 24,560 times
Thanks for the info, we would check that area too.

Please advise the pros & cons of buying at foothills in the southern highlands, if anybody here familiar with that area?

Old 12-10-2010, 11:29 AM

Default thoughts abt buying at foothills in the southern highlands

Please advise the pros & cons of buying at foothills in the southern highlands, if anybody here familiar with that area?

Old 12-10-2010, 02:30 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterfresh2008 View Post

Foothills is a reasonablly nice moderate development in Southern Highlands. The area in general has the great advantage of easy access to the strip and nice and shiney newness. It also has larger lots that many of its competitors. Otherwise very similar to much of Seven Hills, Green Valley Ranch or the Anthem area.

The HOA is relatively high at about $175 per month and it will general have a SID/LID at about $40 to $70 per month. Not unreasonable for a guard gated community.

It ran around 100 for the two stories and 125 for the single stories when initially built between 2001 and 2004 - It doubled in value by 2006 and returned to 100 and 125 by 2010. It appears stable or rising slightly over the 2010 year.

Boulder City is much more expensive than most areas...exceeding Summerlin and the nice Henderson areas. I would think your spec would price well over $500K there.

You will find that Centennial Hills wil get you about the most bang for your buck. Silverstone Ranch would for instance provide an environ very similar to Southern Highlands but with even bigger homes. It would not be nearly as convenient if commute to the strip is of interest.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:52 AM

thank you very much, olecapt! very useful info!

anybody else have any advices for us? Thanks again!

Old 12-11-2010, 10:04 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,899 times
Well it all depends where you want to be. I consider that area to be underdeveloped but perhaps I am just ignorant. We went to a house party out there last year and it just seemed so far away. But I bet many people think that of where I live in CH.

The foothills is almost in California. The main thing about that area that gets me though is I swear I remember that place used to fill up with water after a big rain. I am sure they've fixed it but someday I keep thinking it's going to flood :-P

You work on the complete opposite side of town. I don't know, I guess that part of town is nice, I just associate it strongly with the housing crash and renters/foreclosures that did not care about their houses. It just seems poster child for "I bought more house than I could afford"

Mind you this is just my own biased opinion and has nothing to do with any scientific data, there is nothing concrete or probably even accurate in my statements :-P

Old 04-04-2012, 03:11 PM

87 posts, read 210,559 times
You usually do not read "The End of the Story" in these forums. Just wondering, if you ever read this, how did the search go. To me it sounded hard to do unless you could find a foreclosed property, not a short sale, or a regular sale that you were lucky at finding. My only expertise, however, is that of a soon-to-be active buyer. I am going to write a post like yours to see what people think of my more modest wishes. At the same time, I am going to be working with a good real estate agent who has already shown me homes I could have bought, if I was in the market at that time.

Maybe the last reply has it, but Im not sure about that.

Last edited by agreeableone; 04-04-2012 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: Added last line
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas