U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 07:14 AM

5 posts, read 6,256 times

Advertisements

Hey all, I am new here.. I was wondering what can you tell me about west desert in road 89146? Is it safe?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 02:20 PM

35 views no answers, anyone please?

Old 12-12-2010, 04:53 PM

111 posts, read 239,209 times
I would'nt know, but you can check the website of LV Metro Police,
I know they have a tool on there to view criminal statistics.
Or if you are moving into a particular apt community,
you can try finding it on one of the apt rating websites.

Hope I helped

Old 12-12-2010, 05:35 PM

thanks, it does but i already looked at the police dept and there is alot of different types of crime "activities" going on and I wanted to see what others experienced

Old 12-12-2010, 07:04 PM

1,459 posts, read 2,613,552 times
It's not too bad. Used to be pretty nice about 20 years ago. Lot of Mexicans there now. I would not feel it is dangerous.

Also naming an entire Zip code in vegas can be a bit weird. You will find some very nice neighborhoods in that Zip code and some not so nice ones. It's not a bad area though.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:28 PM

848 posts, read 1,613,537 times
Not a bad area of Desert Inn Road. This is how I look at it, on Decatur Blvd/West Desert Inn Rd, town of Spring Valley,there are lots of newer apt complex, newer single family homes and custom built homes, the farther you go West on Desert Inn. As far as Decatur Blvd/East Desert Inn Road, town of Paradise, it is mostly older apt buildings and the farther you go East on Desert Inn, the more the area gets rundown.

On Desert Inn Road with Decatur Blvd being the median, West Desert Inn (Spring Valley) is definitely a more desirable area than East Desert Inn (Paradise). What is the cross street of the area on Desert Inn are you thinking of moving to?

Old 12-12-2010, 10:56 PM

15,756 posts, read 35,660,418 times
As Hiker says...troubled to the east. Better to the west. Not great anywhere in that zip but stay west as far as possible.

Pro is good strip access.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:57 AM
Status: "We no longer live in a free country." (set 7 days ago)

10,403 posts, read 23,691,581 times
Better yet is west of Durango.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:09 AM

5000 west desert in road, around that area, and traveling to las vegas north blvd everyday... i heard thats a bad area

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiker1o View Post
Not a bad area of Desert Inn Road. This is how I look at it, on Decatur Blvd/West Desert Inn Rd, town of Spring Valley,there are lots of newer apt complex, newer single family homes and custom built homes, the farther you go West on Desert Inn. As far as Decatur Blvd/East Desert Inn Road, town of Paradise, it is mostly older apt buildings and the farther you go East on Desert Inn, the more the area gets rundown.

On Desert Inn Road with Decatur Blvd being the median, West Desert Inn (Spring Valley) is definitely a more desirable area than East Desert Inn (Paradise). What is the cross street of the area on Desert Inn are you thinking of moving to?

Old 12-13-2010, 12:30 PM

1,459 posts, read 2,613,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragstorm24 View Post
5000 west desert in road, around that area, and traveling to las vegas north blvd everyday... i heard thats a bad area
Depends on what you consider to be bad. It's not the worst neighborhood in Vegas by any means. My cousin actually lives right there. 20 year ago that area was pretty nice but gone down hill. It's really not that bad though. I'd walk around at night in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas