Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:59 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,859,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekwars2000 View Post
That is simply a misnomer now a days. WN is no longer the cheapest thing around.
Other airlines might have seats $30-50 cheaper R/T, but what happens when you add their fees for checking bags? Say you need to check two bags each way - that could be $100 right there. So it probably is the cheapest if you need to check a couple bags.

At any one time I probably have four or five future flights paid for and reserved on Southwest, for travel in the next two months, and end up canceling about one in five trips. With SWA you don't have to pay any fees at all when you cancel and rebook. You get the full credit for your ticket, and can get a refund if you bought a refundable fare. That's huge for the way I am traveling currently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 11:23 PM

395 posts, read 1,081,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
Other airlines might have seats $30-50 cheaper R/T, but what happens when you add their fees for checking bags? Say you need to check two bags each way - that could be $100 right there. So it probably is the cheapest if you need to check a couple bags.

At any one time I probably have four or five future flights paid for and reserved on Southwest, for travel in the next two months, and end up canceling about one in five trips. With SWA you don't have to pay any fees at all when you cancel and rebook. You get the full credit for your ticket, and can get a refund if you bought a refundable fare. That's huge for the way I am traveling currently.
I'm an elite member so I don't pay fees, but I can't aruge with you on that. But for someone not checking bags for a 2 day flight is the other flight not cheaper???

As far as the canceling with no fee, it is only no fee if you travel in the next year. How many people take free bump vouchers or travel credits for volenteering and never use them within the year? For people that travel as much are you or I we do, but for the normal joe this isn't an option.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:26 AM

6,816 posts, read 11,538,348 times
On Southwest, you can "give" your unused fare credit for someone else to use, i.e., it doesn't have to be used by original purchaser. I've even sold them (face value) to people I worked with when I knew they were planning a Vegas trip. No reason to let them expire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: