Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 10:06 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,044,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Pay it and be glad they didnt arrest you in Mexico.
Oh please! I got stopped by the Mexican police, over the years, driving a rental car thru different parts of Mexico. A piece of cake!

Travel guides, at that time, stated if stopped by the police, to never give them more than $20. One time, I handed over $30 and another time $25.

You smile, they smile, and away you go! How civilized!

That day is coming, we will no longer be able to pay these outrageous salaries to our police officers in this country, and we'll just learn to carry around some extra cash in our glove compartments. Can't wait!

Old 12-26-2010, 11:36 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Oh please! I got stopped by the Mexican police, over the years, driving a rental car thru different parts of Mexico. A piece of cake!

Travel guides, at that time, stated if stopped by the police, to never give them more than $20. One time, I handed over $30 and another time $25.

You smile, they smile, and away you go! How civilized!

That day is coming, we will no longer be able to pay these outrageous salaries to our police officers in this country, and we'll just learn to carry around some extra cash in our glove compartments. Can't wait!

Uh, I hope not. That will open up a whole new can of worms. I'll be in a cabin up in Canada if we reach that point.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:21 PM

29 posts, read 55,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR77 View Post
I think you could walk away from this as long as you never want to come back to NV.

However reckless that might be, I predict most in your shoes would just do that. BUT, in the grand scheme of things your offense is just a very small speed bump in the courts of NV. I am still not exactly sure what happened that night, but from the sounds of it; it should be pretty easy for you to move on with your life after this ticket.

I would just come back to Nevada and face your charge without legal representation and plead not-guilty. Stand there and tell the judge your story. Half the time, the cop that arrested you will not even show up to court. Even if they find you guilty, they will likely reduce your fine and send you on your way. The easier you make it on them, the easier they make it for you. I would not spend money on a lawyer unless you face a felony. It will say on your paperwork if your charge is a felony or a misdermeaner. If it a simple misdermeaner, just go to court and tell them what happened.

Make sense? If you are thinking of just skipping your court date and not returning... then thats probably going to be fine and you will never hear about this again as long as you stay out of the United States; but best for you, I think, to come back and square this away with the state.

It really does not sound like a big deal. You did not kill anyone.. You did not beat or harm anyone... You did not steal from anyone... How bad can it be? They just want some money. Come and pay them. Go home and move on.
I really think thats what im going to do..
go and settle things up
pay them whatever they say.. I think that just the fact that I go and face what I did is gonna be enough for them to reduce the ticket..
no lawyers
but first im gonna change my court date today..
I hope I still can do that..
my court date is on jan 10th, 2011
thank u very much..

Old 12-27-2010, 03:27 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
This has become quite the soap opera! Please keep us posted.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:57 PM

467 posts, read 778,128 times
Here's what I would do...

Go to court, they will read you the charges and ask how you plead.

Tell them that you were speeding, and would plead guilty to that, but not to reckless driving. You might even have to tell them that you were driving 15 or 20 miles over the speed limit, because they will think you're lying if you say he gave you a reckless for being 10 over. You could also say you spun the tires and are guilty of exhibition of speed. Basically, let them rape you, but don't take that reckless charge.

Odds are they will agree and stick you with a $500+ speeding ticket, and that's the end of it.

They want you out of there as bad as you want to be out of there, the sooner they can get you to plead guilty to something, the sooner they get your coin.

Your response is kind of funny to me, it's similar to my last speeding ticket a few years ago. I had no effing clue what to do, where to go, or who to talk to. The system is setup so that only criminals can understand it.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:56 PM

Kmacho...just curious...at the time of your crime, you didn't happen to be speeding in a school zone, while school was in, were you?

Old 12-28-2010, 08:59 AM

No. I was in Las Vegas Boulevard (strip) between Sahara and Stratosphere.. u saw the movie The Hangover.. where one of the guys married a chick and he doesnt know.. Thats the exact place where I was pulled over.. I even parked my car next to that chapel..
and thats a 45 mph zone.. I was 58 mph.. at 4:00 am with 2 drunk guys in the back seat. one of them was sleep. :/ but I wasnt drunk. I was the designated driver (if thats the correct word).. The officer was in a motocycle at long distance, so I assume he didnt clocked me.
The story goes exactly like this:
I was in a green light. But some chicks were being arrested for prostitution I Presume.. (for their clothes)
so the officer was in the middle of the street. and I was looking for my girfriend who was lost at the time. and me and my friends (most likely me. cuz they were hammered) were looking for her..so I hit the gas and pass the green light almost going in yellow so I saw the officer saw me.. I immediately slow down to almost 40 mph. In the next block there was this officer in a bike and as soon as he sees me.. he turned his siren on.. I didnt even passed him yet when he was waiting for me.. so I assume he was being told by the other officer that I was speeding. or about to speed. so when he pulled me over I knew I was in trouble and I tried my best to do whatever he said politely.. and all my car papers were in order.. So, he asked me to step out of the car.. and as soon I as I did that.. He cuffed me and put me over the hood of my car to search me. and once he found nothing he sat me on the street. and he began to fill this form.. and the only thing he said to me was.. "you want to ask one of your friends to take your car or you want it to be towed".. and I said that I would leave the car there if he let me. and he did. so my friendz had to walk to the hotel. while the officer called another unit, a big van. and I said to the officer once I realized I was being taken to jail.. "is this really necesary?" and the officer in the van said. "thats between you and the officer that pulled you over, I dont know what happened" next thing I know. Im in jaiL. No one.. and I mean NO one read me my rights or even heard my declaration. Nothing..! that day in the morning.. around 10:30 am I got out.. with a $1,130 dlls fine..

Old 12-28-2010, 09:09 AM

ok...when you say 'officer was in the middle of the street' arresting women for supposedly prostitution...was the officer literally in the street, or on the sidewalk? Where was his car parked?

Where I'm going with this: is it possible that the arresting officer (of the women) was in any danger of getting hurt by your actions?

Old 12-28-2010, 01:52 PM

he was arresting the women and he was searching them ON the sidewalk. but the police car was invading 1 lane. and the other 2 or 3 cars were watching the show and the women... and I was in a hurry so I almost didnt even watch them.. I was trying to catch the green light..

Old 12-28-2010, 02:20 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,594,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmacho View Post
So.. as Long as I dont have any more problems in the US.. can I still go to the US without getting arrested???
Pay the ticket. If you are pulled over again, yes you will be arrested. It's not rocket science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas