Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 07:31 PM

787 posts, read 1,776,552 times

Advertisements

Yes, I will definitely have to try Cosmo and Wynn buffets for comparison. To Airics' point about other strip properties, I haven't even heard anyone recommend anything besides Bellagio, Rio, Aria, Wynn, and now Cosmo, so I probably won't bother. But regardless, I don't see why making a value analysis on a buffet is not valid.

To JohnG:
Seemed to me like Bellagio Buffet *IS* for people with plain tastes. I was expecting interesting fare, and a wide selection, but just found mostly the usual buffet food, hence the disappointment. And no, it doesn't irritate me to spend money on food. Alize and Craftsteak are some of my favorite values in town. It irritates me to get a poor experience for the money, whether I'm spending $10 or $500.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 10:16 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,317,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Don't bring a weak eating woman with you to a buffet. I did that once and after a half of a plate she was done.
You can take me with you. LOL.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:30 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,628,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robustus View Post
To JohnG:
Seemed to me like Bellagio Buffet *IS* for people with plain tastes. I was expecting interesting fare, and a wide selection, but just found mostly the usual buffet food, hence the disappointment. And no, it doesn't irritate me to spend money on food. Alize and Craftsteak are some of my favorite values in town. It irritates me to get a poor experience for the money, whether I'm spending $10 or $500.
Maybe you missed something? Every time I've went there was a huge assortment of items, mostly stuff that would never appear at a regular buffet.

I went just after xmas and there was duck, quail, kobe sirloin, something with foie gras, salmon caviar, seabass, swordfish, in addition to the very good crab legs. In the past they have also had elk, buffalo, and wild boar from what I remember. Lots of other things as well.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:44 PM

787 posts, read 1,776,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
Maybe you missed something? Every time I've went there was a huge assortment of items, mostly stuff that would never appear at a regular buffet.

I went just after xmas and there was duck, quail, kobe sirloin, something with foie gras, salmon caviar, seabass, swordfish, in addition to the very good crab legs. In the past they have also had elk, buffalo, and wild boar from what I remember. Lots of other things as well.

Wow, maybe I *did* miss something. I was with 3 other people and we all the same opinion, though. Or maybe Sunday brunch is just awful by comparison?

Old 01-13-2011, 12:45 AM

24,405 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:

I remember Bellagio's Buffet being like this years ago back in the glory days, but the last time I ate there...everything tasted blah. I've noticed this with most of MGM's properties though. They've been facing tough financial times since the crash and I can tell in all their properties including Bellagio that they lowered the quality of their food. I'll have to give it a try again. The last time I ate there was about a year ago. I haven't gone back since and have switched to Wynn and sometimes Rio Seafood Village Buffet. I'd like to try Cosmo's and M's though. Aria's Buffet was disappointing, once again another MGM property.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:18 AM

1,558 posts, read 3,857,122 times
I've stayed and eaten at the Bellagio at least 10 times in the last 2 years. I agree - the food is starting to lack. In October I opted to stay at the Aria, went to their buffet for breakfast and I was extremely disappointed.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:22 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:

Good lord. WHat do they have against fried chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy?

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-13-2011, 04:59 AM

1,558 posts, read 3,857,122 times
I love fried chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy!!!

Old 01-13-2011, 06:22 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,628,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Good lord. WHat do they have against fried chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy?

20yrsinBranson
LOL.....Circus Circus and Sahara are a few miles north, and about 1/5th the cost.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:27 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,319,154 times
What do they have against fried chicken and mashed potatoes you ask? Let's see, how about anyone can cook it for about $3, it's very unhealthy eatting and what kind of treat is eatting something you can get in your own kitchen any day of the week?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas